3.7.8 alpha release

Hi,
As see first

Would be better to download this version instead the 3.7.8 32 bits and test again?

Hi,
I download 3.7.8 Alpha 64 bits and gets these:
I use:

Processor : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 743 @ 1.30GHz
Memory : 2067MB (758MB used)

In 32 bits.

this version of Elive RUNS from USB in Live withou problem till now.

I found (In my system)
Terminal works fine OK
Screen Capture:
from Menu works fine, from shortcut do not works (Ctrl+PrtScr)(PrtScr)
Temperature in Conky do NOt works see:

I test to Run Conky from Menu and NO works
I test "sensors" from terminal and show it is not instaled.... I Install it..... and YES, show me the Processor temperature but not in Conky

I have tested 3.7.6 for a few weeks now including using it installed on a spare OS-disk on my daily user box.
When setting out to download 3.7.8 for testing I realize I have misplaced the URL to the 3.7 download...
Anyone who can assist :slight_smile:

Will send you in private

1 Like

try to google for that (your processor type + temperature + linux), you should maybe need to load an extra module, if you find it, i could try to autoload the module by default by detecting the cpu types like yours

nvidia update: I have been able to test nvidia ("current" driver version) with a computer, it won't install unless you have the computer connected to internet (via lan cable), so there's a few extra package dependencies not pre-downloaded (to make it directly work offline), I will fix that for the next build

2 Likes

I agree honestly I think pulling in the work from Moksha that Bodhi would be a good idea. It would give @Thanatermesis the e17 base that Moksha was forked from, but also give it more of a modern feel, TBH that e16 just honestly does not have. I am sure the Moksha guys would love to have to collaborate with @Thanatermesis because of very intimate knowledge of Enlightenment and its various parts. Just my suggestion. as it would lighten some of development burden across more people just my take.

1 Like

If I'm not wrong: The idea is to use E22 for the next Elive desktop not E17 .

I agree about the "not modern" feel to E16 but on the other hand I'm not sure whether that is in part because of my own memory of using it a looong time ago and I'm starting to develop a certain blindness to e16 peculiarities after a prolonged usage now. :ohmygod:

I am busy changing some stuff and theming in the Elive E16 to have a more modern and minimalist look&feel so if you think of or can point to stuff that looks old fashioned to you .......... please do.

It would really help a lot to have as much input as possible.

1 Like

If am not wrong: The Bodhi environment is disliked here in our community...

Moksha is looking very plain for my taste, btw

Can you prepare yourself to warm up your contacts for announcing the new release of Elive 64bit in the near future - or not ?
Need to know for further actions for our PR department, please.

Hello!

A thing: sometime, with eeepc's (1001px & 1015pn), I got (at least with 3.7.8 x64 live) no speakers sound (for a video, but e16 ones before unset those), but having it thru the headset plug...
Trying volume control, alsamixer... viewmeters showing movement, but no speakers sound... Trying switching nvidia/intel for the 1015pn = same...
Telling that, why there's two lines in the menu for "volume control" with one tagged "pulseaudio" but no differences?

Salutations!

I am sometime a bit lost too with Pulse Control volume settings

I always endup making it work but have to look around...

99% of the time my sound is USB HEadSet so that is not much of a problem

I don't have your problem but on a laptop that's died in the mean time I had something similar. Usually the problem went away by running "settings" -> "audio configurator" again.

Knowing this issue, too.
The wrong driver is active in the running kernel.
Sometimes it helps
checking if the right output is checked;
on my case it switched to HDMI without being selected before, it occurs often, if a Nvidia card is available on the system.

Yeah, the HDMI sometimes keeps holding on a to the output if used before.

Hi!

Well, but I notice that sound problem too on the eeepc 1001px, witch is "intel only"...
But on this same 1001px, under 3.0/E17, no problem, muting or un~ the sound with "volume control"...

Ih!

Hello!

Just to tell: On the eeepc 1015pn, 2Gb ram, nvidia ion2 512Mb, the last Blender3D (2.80) runs quite well & somewhat fluid, with Elive 3.7.8 x64, installed on ssd/reiser4, running nvidia privative legacy 340, even in sculpt mode witch is probably the most demanding one for the system (on the start sphere at least, not tested (yet) on a "true projet", but sounds nice)...
And this even without CUDA for now, that I can't figure out to fit (did not find the/some good file or library for it)!!!
& the normal minimal setup announced on Blender.org is: CPU 2GHz x32, 4Gb ram, 1Gb vram..!
Here, with Blender launched, Thunar & some little txt file stuff, Conky tells: RAM 677/1.95, swap 32/1.86..!
I set a swap partition manly for CAELinux witch is the only other OS I install on this machine, and eventually for hibernate things; CAELinux that I already try to morph to Elive on this 1015, but I have a problem with the login after the original install (due to a bug in Ubuntu 16.xx that I can't remember how to turn around)...

Once again: "GOOD JOB Thanatermesis"! :+1::ok_hand::v:

Salutations!

WARNING!!!!!!

I ran apug some minutes ago in Elive 3.7.8-32 and almost 115 paquets are updated, some of them concerning E16 and Cairo

sudo apt autoremove deletes almost 15-20 paquets

My Cairo dock is half lost.

Reboot system auto log in is lost, and only X session allowed is "default X session" but.....

My user password is not recognised and I can't log into as my user...

I change immediately to 3.7.8-64 to prevent you all, and test apug, those are the paquets to update, as more or less similar to than 3.7.8-32

So be careful and don't run apug until @Thanatermesis see that!!!!

Ah!

A little thing: in Terminology, the paste-by-mouse function is ok now... Due to apui elive-tools?

Ha!

Bh!

An other thing: I used to use redshift (trying too sct with same behavior); And it works (in shell), but each time I change the light level of the screen, the redshift effect stops (having to relaunch it)... Normally, it should be not dependent (color correction vs light power)!

BTW: on this eeepc 1015pn, the keyboard buttons doesn't work for sound & light (so I use icons in Cairo-Dock)...
Same machine, the battery indicator in Cairo-Dock, tells always 100%... The Cairo icon about battery stays like a multicolored square cloud of pixels (same was for Audacious but clicking one time on it turns it right...)...

I tested some other web browsers: IceCat is ok, Tor idem; I arrived one time to install Beaker Browser from it's AppImage, an other time arrived to launch it from AppImage without installing, and now when clicking on the AppImage, it claims "cannot mount AppImage, please check your FUSE setup..." It starts approximately via sudo (running but unusable) "...
Yandex ok (but last release seems to have a bug or bad trip for the memorized web site addresses, that are impossible, for new ones, to memorize inside the browser but in an exterior system (so said to "easy transfer" to other devices (phone or so)))...
Vivaldi still ok!

Hb!