E23 installation / Testing

Is there a post somewhere showing how to install E23 to Test on my production system "without messing up" my systems ?

I "suppose" once e23 installed, it's as simple as choosing E23 when logging in ?

JF

The method would be "api enlightenment" after which you will have the extra "enlightenment" option(s) on the login screen to log into.
Your E16 will be accessible as always and wont be affected.... So your workflow shouldn't suffer.
As to the version E22 -> E23: Apparently the version is kept to the latest version available in the repo's, so could [will] change to E24 too. :shocked:

• A point to keep in mind:
    When using E23, the login screen will become "darker" (i.e the backlight is dimmed) and that can be stopped in the E23 "settings panel", "look", "compositor" and checking "Don't fade backlight". :face_with_head_bandage:

Elive_Screenshot_2019-11-07_22%3A27%3A17__321x406

• Another point:
    Don't expect tricks and stuff from e16 to "simply" work too in E23. Use the E23 settings panel as much as possible to alter or modify things ... otherwise it might get messy. :smile_cat:

• Happy testing. :dance:

1 Like

Tks a lot @triantares for those detailed information... You're a real gentleman

JF

I hate you.... LOL E23 is cool Will spend time on it from time to time.... :wink: Me who said I would not leave E16....

2 Likes

Give me a day or two and I'll put up the Elive version of the default theme. :happybounce:

1 Like

LOL :happy::excited::omgomgomg::smiley14:

You can import E19 themes (.edj files) from DeviantArt too if you want to.
They will work (there's a failsafe that falls back on default settings where it doesn't). It's a lot of work to port them to E23 so I'm not sure I will be modding any of those on short notice, though. :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

Ya, now you turn...
But we will not forget your corpse on the stairway to digital heaven :nod:

:rofl2:

2 Likes