Enlightenment (E24) installation / Testing

Nope it,s not
I though about it too...

Hello!

One little thing: I like using an extra usb keyboard on the eeepc's;
And is under E16 it works, with E2x it don't, even if seen in lsusb...

Any idea?

Olleh!

Only this one;
Make sure that the keyboard is connected
before you turn on the Asus...
If not working - we have to inform @Thanatermesis = bug ...

Hello!

I tried different combinations; The thing seems to be E2x relative, as it works on E16...

Hey-Ho!

1 Like

I use E23 all the time, also with usb keyboards attached on and off.

I have noticed that on a helix2 (tablet/laptop mix) it takes quite long (>10sec)before the keyboard (defined as USB) is seen again after a detach re-attach. But that is about all. :thinking:

When attaching/checkinh hardware, have a terminal open and run:
"tail -f /var/log/syslog" to get more insight on what's going on when you plug-in.

1 Like

so there's two options:

• hardware / drivers / OS slowness
  • E23 setup slowness

to make sure that is not e23, try the option "do not touch my keyboard settings" stuff in the keyboard configurations, this will simply use the default OS settings as the same ones you have for e16 (e16 dont configure keyboard at all), if the issue still happens, then is the first option, if goes fast, it may should be reported to E :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In E23 I keep getting Dialog box which is bigger than screen. So I cannot reach some buttons e.g Save dialog box when I am saving a document in OpenOffice. Or the maximize buttons on some apps. For now my temporary solution is to select the the dialog box right click and select the option move with keyboard. How can i set the computor to always put the dialog boxes within the laptop's screen limits?

I don't think e23 has a "screens limit" feature like the e17 of elive has on the stable 3.0 version

but it can be probably (should) imported in the future as an own implementation

Okay will keep watching this space. E23 sure has a lot of missing functionalities and bugs! Some times you can encounter 3 bugs in a row. For sure i agree with @Thanatermesis that it is not ready for a productivity desktop. But i kinda enjoy experimenting with it ,so will continue checking bugs out. I hope I don't overwhelm and annoy anyone.

No worry, certainly not me.
The more eyeballs on E23 the better. :nod:

As a temporary solution you could scale down your screen through the settings panel, until they sort of fit.
Another option is to go to another virtual desktop and move the window around from there.

E23 does handle that a bit strange, in that the too large window does not overlap an adjacent virtual desktop.

12 posts were split to a new topic: SHIFT & click Not working in E23 EFM

A post was merged into an existing topic: SHIFT & click Not working in E23 EFM

A post was split to a new topic: ~/cache/efreet not updating on E23

SOOO i installed e23 on my fresh elive system on my new old extensa 5235. It happens than, when logging in e23 session, the screen turns off. I mean, it literally turns off. Even trying to open a second tty, nothing happens. It's just turned off completely (not just black or blank). Did it happen to anybody else? This laptop runs on a pentium t4400 and uses intel's 4th generation mobile graphics with the xorg-instel drivers.

Something similar did happen on my current laptop with a fresh 3.8.11 install.
I'm not 100% sure but had the idea that lightdm was to blame (for some other stuff too) so I installed "entrance" (again) and that works.

Don't forget to set stuff mentioned in the wiki here:Enlightenment (E24) Tips .... Please expand

Especially the compositor setting.

1 Like

UPDATE: since now, the EFL and Enlightenment (E24 or newer) will be much more inmediately up-to-date :happy_dance: :happy: :applause: :happybounce:

1 Like

Just a note: we are debating in other threads about the next development including E24 & bullseye, which other tasks are needed before to start it, but in any of the cases the best that we can do to accelerate this process is to make E24 more stable & ready, this means, continue betatesting all the options and features and report everything that needs to be fixed

⚓ Query: Advanced Search this is our actual list of reports made by @triantares and @Thanatermesis

you all are welcome to betatest if some old ones still happens, like the bug in terminology switching themes one

Important: https://forum.elivelinux.org/t/e25-bullseye-betatesting-for-bug-reporting-to-e/3075/20?u=thanatermesis