Elive 3.7.14 (Alpha) Installation Error

I have the 64-bit version of elive 3.7.14 (alpha) burned to a DVD. It boots fine. I'm trying to install it to an unformatted and unpartitioned nvme ssd. I start the installer and chose "Automatic" at the partitioning window.

Then I select my desired install disk /dev/nvme0n1

Then I chose ext4...
Then I chose yes to encryption...
Then I chose no to swap...

Then sadly this comes up:
blockDevice

So bummed. I'm I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

PS. "New users can only one image in a post" Really????? That is very lame. I donated $30 to thanatermesis so that I could obtain this .iso
and now that I need some assistance, I'm prevented from uploading a handful of screenshots that may be helpful for the forum members to assist me. Bizarre restriction...…. Anyway, I hope someone can help me with this issue.

Hi @na5m, and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I have received your reported logs of the installer and they were fixed now, I assume you received an email from me too some minutes ago

Please try again the installer (having the computer connected to internet so that it will automatically update) and tell me if you still having any other issue !

nothing, the installer was too fast and your devices where not yet created on /dev before they wanted to be used (that is more like a kernel / udev problem, but is ok now)

I assume you mean here in the forum, so this should be a default settings of the forum for avoid spam possibilities

I'm prevented from uploading a handful of screenshots that may be helpful for the forum members to assist me.

Don't worry, not needed anymore :slight_smile: :happy_dance:

OMG!! Super love here! Thank you thanatermesis! You heard my issue and you fixed it with the super quickness!!! I can't imagine many distros reacting this quickly to an end user's plaint! So... this bug has been squashed and as far as I can see, this post can be tagged as "SOLVED". So stoked here with my fresh, full-disk encrypted Elive system!!!! Rock On!

2 Likes