Elive os compressed

Sir,
Can you send a compressed file of elive3.0.iso because I don’t have 3gb net. Please help me to get it. And please send me the reply via email. Thank you

Hi Nithin,

I don’t think a compressed Image will solve your problem.
C:\Users\Benjamin Moeller\Downloads>ls -lh elive_3.0.0_stable_hybrid.*
-rw-rw-rw- 1 Benjamin Moeller 0 3,1G 2018-10-12 21:20 elive_3.0.0_stable_hybrid.iso
-rw-rw-rw- 1 Benjamin Moeller 0 3,1G 2018-10-14 09:32 elive_3.0.0_stable_hybrid.zip

Or in Detail:
3285123072 bytes <- image
3257920356 bytes <- compressed image

Plus the header, you’ll still need > 3GB to transfer over the wire.

Can we compress with kgb or other softwares then also

Like @LupusE said, you cannot compress it, because it is already compressed

Your issue @Nithin is not about compression but about downloading correctly Elive without internet issues, for that I recommend these two options:

1. Use the torrent download, the download will continue the next day if you shutdown the computer and the integrity of the download is guaranteed. In the options of the torrent you can select which ISO type to download (for dvd or for usb)
  2. If you are actually in Linux, open a terminal and run this command:

wget -c https://www.elivecd.org/downloads/stable/3.0.0/elive_3.0.0_stable_hybrid.iso

So the download will start with the “-c” option that means “continue”, you can press “Control + C” to stop the download and the next day, running the same command, it will continue downloading it. Do that until you see that the download fully completes