Elive Retro

:applause: I think other distro's installer doesn't offer these features so they just don't know / let users do things themselves, the elive installer detects, request, suggests, guides, etc

IMPORTANT NOTE: yesterday I found by very accidentally that my last iso build was broken (I just verified this in the previously released torrent and seems like it was fine there), the issue was very important because it didn't run a very needed step of the Live mode where many hardware is detected and configured, making the system (and its installation) more tuned-to-your-hardware. I found it accidentally because booting an updated ISO I found that the "composite" checkbox was unchecked by default, why? I started to research... that was not normal, it should be preselected if detects that there's graphic-card composite capabilities, it sounded like it was an important thing but in the end it was a simple missing "fi" in that important step of the live mode, that was because the too-many changes the language-configurator received recently, and this would have ended by having a final release which received modifications not tested (because the tested one was this RC2) and so releasing a totally broken iso (not even the nvidia drivers, which received so many fixes and improvements recently, would have been installed due to this, the persistence system will have been broken too, and many other things), I wrote that because we need to make very caution with the things we change, this happens always in software development and this is why always in any software, where this is the procedure:

• development: normal progress, receiving many new features, changes, and fixes
  • pre-release: no more features, no more changes, only fixes for the found bugs
  • release-candidate: final betatest to confirm everything is working, no more modifications at all and not even bugfixes (if so, another release-candidate should be made)

Fortunately I have seen it, but as I said, it was very lucky because I found it by just having see that the composite checkbox on desktop start was not checked by default in a vbox boot

I will probably need to do a RC3 before to publish it then, because RC2 received already too many changes