How to launch an application on desktop startup (E24)

Launch a program on startup in E24

We have all been there. We want to launch Discord, or we want to start the web browser, or something similar, on startup. I will show you how to do this on E2*. It's much easier than you'd think.

1. Go to your menu, and navigate to Settings>All>Apps>Startup Applications. you should now see a screen like this:
    Could not load the image.
  2. Open the tab Applications. Find the program you want to start, and run it (by using the menus) to make sure it uses the specific flags that you need.
  3. if you could not find the application OR you want to start it with special flags, keep reading. otherwise, skip to step 5.
  4. Navigate to Main Menu>Settings>All>Apps>Personal Application Launchers. Click Add and enter all the details of the application -- here is my screen.
  5. Go back to the Startup Applications page if you aren't there already. Choose the Applications tab, and find the desktop entry you just created, for example:
    Click it and press Add. The light associated with that program will turn blue.
  6. Choose the Order tab. Click the application you want to change the order of (the higher it is the sooner it launches). In my case, I want Elive to start updating, then it to play its startup sound, then to launch Discord, like so:

feel free to update this howto with better instructions, clarity, etc

1 Like