Which type of issues?
- crashes of the desktop, specially reproducible ones
- options or features that doesn't quite work well / as expected / etc
- strange or unexpected behaviours, performance issues, etc
- important usability issues
Before to report it:
- verify that the bug is not an Elive bug (or caused specifically because of Elive)
- if is possible to do, make it reproducible, you need to tell the steps of how to make it happen
- make sure your system is updated to last packages (apug)
- graphic card: this can be one of the main reasons of a bug that "only happens to you", make sure that your bug also happens when your Composite settings are set to Software
Reproduce issue and report
- make sure you delete your ~/.e-crashdump.txt file before (in order to not report a different issue)
- trigger a new crash, so a new ~/.e-crashdump.txt file will be generated
- run "elivepaste ~/.e-crashdump.txt" and use the pasted link to report the issue (but is much more suggested to use manually pastebin.com and select GDB as hilighting, this makes it much more readable for those who needs to read it, make sure the paste doesn't expire in less than a few months)
- go to ⚓ Query: efl general bugs and click in the button "+ Create Task"
- describe your bug, not too long but with enough details
- include the steps of how to reproduce the issue (if is reproducible), most of the times this depends on a specific configuration you may have
- include the version of enlightenment and efl you use, this info is available from "appo libefl1" and "appo enlightenment"
- include your .e-crashdump.txt contents, sometimes (but not always) includes useful information
- important: this file is useless if Enlightenment didn't crashed, it only contains information dumped on crashes
- tags: "enlightenment-git" (this important to add automatically subscribers to the report, otherwise nobody will be notified about it)
- if your report has not been answered in 1 week, you should add somebody in charge to the "assigned to" option
IMPORTANT: if you don't know if something needs to be reported or how, first debate the issue on #system:bugs, we don't want to annoy the E developers with invalid reports
How to debug Enlightenment / EFL, this document includes a lot of info, methods, tips, etc, its a must read! it shows also how to read the eina_btlogs or how to print messages specifically for a topic in your enlightenment