Question about the next Debian version used by Elive

Debian 9 (“Stretch”) — actuelle version stable ;
Debian 8 (“Jessie”) — actuelle version oldstable ;
Debian 7 (“Wheezy”) — version stable obsolète ;

On which version of Debian will the next version of Elive be based on ?

Curiosity, if it’s not 8 or 9, is it because it is a lot more complex ? ( I don’t care, bust just asking that questions to better learn about the Debian world / programmer world )

JF
As long as I have a 64 bits version on which most modern apps will run, I am happy

For Debian 7 won’t be a good idea to use that because it will be end of live

If Jessie is used in a couple of years you would have the same problem it’s old.

So my opinion Stretch should be the oldest to use. Especially if 64 will be created.

But i think we should put our money on Debian “Buster” it’s now still in testing but it will be the new stable.

I used Debian servers for an other project and we always used Debian testing never had big problems with it.

dont look at codenames, it will be debian stable or debian testing for (relative to) WHEN it will happen :), probably testing

Hello, I also think that testing is probably the best solution to build a modern system and Debian/Testing is generally usable and should be released at the beginning of next year.

I find Elive really strong, I would imagine if it continues to work as a primary desktop system.

Good job, keep up the good work and have a good time. And nice that it is back.