Super Mario War is causing problems

I was playing Supermario war, and it just locked up. Nothing worked, and this happened many times after many restarts. However, when it happened recently, I had the good idea of using killall. No such luck. Even with --wait it just doesn't quit. And this latest try has left my system being extremely laggy and I can barely type this forum post.

Is this just me or is smw buggy?

Even killall doesn't stop it, these terminology windows have been open for about five minutes

Normally, even with three or four tabs open in firefox, the "processor usage" on the right is only just over a third full.

My usage is similar i.e just short of 30% like yours.
Closing the window is no problem whatsoever on my box.....so you've got something else going on.

Did you try a reboot?

it can be buggy, unfortunately nobody is maintaining it since around 2007 - 2009 IIRC

by other side there's some users that made patches for it, but since the author cannot merge the commits, nobody is updating it

try killall -9 , the -9 flag should be not ignored by apps when killing

from my old experience, it sometimes blocked in some specific moments of the game (reproducible), that's why i said it can be fixed if somebody decides to maintain it, volonteers? :slight_smile:

I have updated the supermariowar package with the branch on which I imported commits long time ago (it was building without them), so: Commits · Thanatermesis/Super-Mario-War · GitHub

apug

in a fast test, seems to play stable, not sure if was related to the crash of the thread

convo of these patches: Last patches by Thanatermesis · Pull Request #1 · erlehmann/Super-Mario-War · GitHub

(if anybody wants to revive this project): the fork that includes the biggest changes are these ones: https://github.com/erlehmann/Super-Mario-War/compare/master...bjorn:mess

1 Like