Tips&tricks using Enlightenment E20 and up on Elive Linux-- Wiki

E25 Issues

• On "suspend" screen goes black showing only the pointer. It does not become visible again with any key combo or mouse action. This "only" on my one Thinkpad X1Carbon 2nd Gen laptop using an external HDMI monitor and external USB keyboard and mouse(broken screen).

• Built-in file manager freezes the whole system when generating icons/pictograms when connecting large (USB) disks or opening directories for a first time. The built-in manager is below par compared to Thunar. resolved

• When configurating the desktop from settings panel the whole desktop will freeze on different occasions, requiring a logout/login. Resolved!

• Pager resizing makes the pager uncontrollable requiring a logout/login to be able to access it. Resolved!

Lightdm login screen gets ever darker due to screen dimming by compositor. "Backlight fading" has to be disabled otherwise eventually the login screen will become unworkable.

On my machine, when the mouse hits the screen edge it moves to the next (virtual) screen.

This is overly sensitive and makes the desktop extremely "jumpy" when I don't know where my pointer is.

So I disabled it by simply removing all the edge bindings here:

Hah, peace and quit. :happy:

Selecting "input methods settings" always kills the whole settings panel and requires a restart. Resolved!

• To have an icon that uses the Elive logo in the bar, download the .edj file in the link and import it through the settings theme menu.

http://triantares.no-ip.net/Elive/elive_default_dark.edj

There is a pink/magenta Neon theme available here, that looks to be more RetroWave like when using BeautyLine icons.

5 Likes