VLC video player has no controls and does not drag

Do not know whether this is a bug. My VLC video player when opened does not have controls like minimize , maximize or close. It also opens with part of the screen on the left hidden beyond the edge and the whole frame cannot be dragged to the centre. Resizing works on the right edge but does not help much with regaining control of the player, although the player continues to play videos well if you resize the frame to expand the video

This may be a bug in the Player itself, because i noticed a few reports of similar problems with windows users .

I have played around with preferences settings, set them to default but nothing seems to workDo not know whether this is a bug. My VLC video player when opened does not have controls like minimize , maximize or close. It also opens with part of the screen on the left hidden beyond the edge and the whole frame cannot be dragged to the centre. Resizing works on the right edge but does not help much with regaining control of the player, although the player continues to play videos well if you resize the frame to expand the video

I don't have that issue but then I do use E23 but:

In E16 you can drag a window with CtrlAlt and left mouse button or resize with the same keycombo and middle mouse button.

1 Like

That solved it, the controls were also hidden in the upper edge of the screen

1 Like

@IamElive is there any reason for you to use VLC instead of the default player (default when you double click in a video file in your file-manager), so smplayer

I wonder if VLC should be removed from the OS by default since we don't need it (smplayer renders better and more light, should be a better option) :thinking:

• Remove VLC
  • Keep VLC

0 voters

mentions: @triantares @Rebel450 @yoda @stoppy98...

Why not simply default one (smplayer) and simply leave the other there too ( VLC)
It's not like if it was taking 500 GB on the drive

May be I am missing something

1 Like

Because I know how to use vlc and I've been using it since when I was a child! Idk on smplayer, but vlc also can run in a terminal, can record screen, stream and playing streamed videos. And can play videos converting the images to ascii art eheh
I know really well so when I tried to run a video on my old pentium 4 machine when I saw it stuttering on smplayer I just opened vlc and I knew where was the hardware acceleration button

2 Likes

Same thing... I know more VLC and if for whatever reason something does not work well with Elive Default player, I use VLC

The same thing that we do when moving from one browser to another when some site does not work well.

JF

1 Like

yeah i got to the point that to be sure i just use vlc... and in my mind if vlc does not work it means nothing works :joy: i know it may be wrong but probably is like people that do not move away from ms office and .doc format /despite docx is avaialble since more than 10 years ago!)

3 Likes

VLC will play anything thrown at it, without missing a beat!

2 Likes