Wayfire is compiz for wayland (with links)

Yes please, Bullseye appears to be a wise step for Elive beta.

Ive donated 5 or 6 times to support Elive Beta. And i will continue to pay each Beta release.

4 Likes

Any development since last 9 month ? With Wayland, Could wayfire be used as a compositor for Enlightenment with ecomorph with correct API calls ??? Am I dreaming ?
The actual state of wayland with enlightenment is rather unstable. We will have to move to wayland eventually. Is this the good path ? :thinking:

bump

I would like to know if anyone is going to try out wayfire on the Elive Bullseye release coming out soon?

it would be good to see how many people can do this

1 Like

I like a lot wayfire. But I haven't even think to install it on elive ....
It's interesting but Wayfire is complex to install. I would like to try it for sure!

I think the easier way to install wayfire is by the github site and compile everything.

Any easier way on Elive/Debian ?

Regards,
Bernard

I didn't tried but I don't know if is possible, is better to directly ask that to the E developers, the easiest way is to join the #e channel in the IRC chat (elive includes directly that server in his hexchat application) and debate with them this topic

Just as a reference, I found this howto with a customized Wayfire, if someone wants to try it GitHub - archcraft-os/archcraft-wayfire: // Configuration : Wayfire

1 Like

Nice tutorial! I already installed wayfire on Archlinux on my laptop (Elive is on an external disk).
I'm very impress by the small footprint of wayfire and the Compiz like animations it can do.
But the top and/or bottom dock are quite complex to handle. It makes configuration of a wayfire desktop a difficult task for many.

Thanks for the link :+1:

Another thing to try, @PrinceAMD just mentioned me about HyperLand, anybody played with it? how to compare it with Wayfire?

Remember that in the end, if we use one of these magnificent special-effects, they will be needed to use with Enlightenment, so will be good if you try to run them on it too (and / or you can also ask in the IRC channel of enlightenment how to make it working on it, if doesn't works for you)

Hyprland looks great but does it go beyond tiling?
Or maybe the Elive future is actually tilling. :thinking:
From here it looks Qt oriented but might as well try it hey? :happybounce:

I don't know, I didn't had the time to try it yet, that's why I posted it here to see if there's someone that wants to play and see what he can reach :slight_smile:

Elive should be both tiling and not tiling, so that users can select which way to work