today I have to talk about someting serious and important here. Read twice!
We now make Elive as successful as other Linux distributions
In our own enthusiasm about our Elive we should not neglect the aspect of public relations.
For ourselves, we do not need to explain why Elive is so cool, we already know that.
Now this has to be spread -
For Elive to have a future it needs more users and donors.
How do we achieve this?
First of all through public relations.
But you need a clear concept that you stick to, the so-called corporate identity,
which originates from the corporate design.
So far, Elive has only something like that - now it has to go on.
A well-defined corporate identity is the prerequisite for public relations.
Without it you will not be taken seriously, like Elive had to experience so far.
That's a fact, it does not need to be discussed anymore.
Corporate Design and Corporate Identity in an open source project?
Although Elive Linux is a non-commercial, cost-free open source project,
Again, it is not without clear structures, distribution of tasks and organization in general.
A profit intention in the economic sense is not intended, nevertheless, here too, it is not without consideration of the economic aspects that costs must be covered, which are financed by donations.
Elive also requires a structure as in an economically managed company:
The internal Corporate Design.
These include considerations such as:
- Organization (identification and definition of competences, task allocation)
- core competencies
- technology Orientation
- Positioning in the industry environment
- Marketing → Corporate Identity
The other part of the corporate design is the external image of Elive
with an always identical and clear representation of Elive.
For this one creates among other things the Corporate Identity.
Among other things, it defines the (always the same!) Appearance with keywords and core sentences.
Fine, now that everybody has realized that -
let's start with the inner Corporate Design.
- A clear concept of the planned releases, with optional schedule,
- with descriptions / representation of the differences between the releases
- (e16 - e17 - e22 DEs) - what Debian base in which Elive version.
Continue with the Corporate Identity.
Please give suggestions -
in keywords, no bible verses, please - to the following considerations:
- why is Elive better than others
- for which purpose Elive is optimized
- where do we want to go
- what is our target audience
- how do we reach our target audience?
- where do we reach our target audience?
- how do we make Elive interesting for others?
- how did you come to Elive?
Once the answers have been received in sufficient numbers,
will it come in the short term to decision-making for the CI(Corporate Identity)
by the decision-makers.
These will @Thanatermesis in his corporate design now determines.
We look forward to your numerous contributions!
Have lots of fun with it,
it's nice to be a small part of a big whole!