Zsync_curl package for X64 in addition to standard zsync

The currently installed "zsync" only supports standard http URLs but there was a version available called "zsync_curl" that did support transfers over https. Alas it wouldn't install on Elive Beta until now.

I have altered the existing "zsync_curl" package that was available on github but had an incompatibility with Buster and thus with Elive Beta by removing a "libcurl3" dependency....which wasn't any good anyway.

Thus minimizing download data, as well as workload on the server.

The installable .deb package can be downloaded here:

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Gdebi cannot install from thunar

zsync_curl will compile fine if you remove the "libcurl3" dependency, which doesn't do anything anymore anyway. See:

In fact it would suffice to simply copy over and rename the .deb package I put up on gofile.

1 Like

but where is the git repository from where I can get the sources to compile and thus making a package from it? i dont remember what i did but i was unable to do it when i looked at it
:thinking:

Ah yes, that would be the:

As I didn't change anything except the antiquated libcurl3 dependency to build, I didn't find it necessary to clone.

1 Like

Ah I remember now, trying to compile that package depends on libcurl4-openssl-dev, but libcurl4-gnutls-dev is used instead for EFL:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
libcurl4-gnutls-dev libefl-dev

So even trying to replace the dependency, the build fails with another reason:

Makefile:408: .deps/url.Po: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target '.deps/url.Po'. Stop.

mmh... maybe with some fixes in the code... :thinking:

Ok let's see if this works:

fork needed to made:

package available from elive own build, try:

apui zsync-curl

seems like works good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, funny that rebuilding an existing .deb with only the libcurl3 dependency removed worked fine on my machine.Wonder if that had been seen to there. :thinking:
Anyway, it's working now from repo so that's good. :1up: