2.0 Topaz modern browser

Is there any way to install a modern browser in Topaz?

what debian version was topaz?

I'm not sure what the original topaz was but the version I like is 2.90 and it is debian 7 ( wheezy)

I can install slimjet ok but there must be a dependency missing because enlightenment won't run it.

Try to launch it from a terminal so you can see what is the error

topaz stable was lenny
I think that topaz alpha was wheezy
See here:
(Elive - Fast, Beautiful and Powerful OS)

1 Like

Maybe you can create a chroot where to run a modern browsers, but then there's a paradoxical point: you cannot run a modern browser in a so old computer that requires topaz to work light :thinking:

you can't even run netsurf well, because of how bad the web is nowadays. popups everywhere that take up all your CPU, takes 5 seconds to load a page, each page uses 5000000000000000mb ram...seriously. "we need a REALLY COOL website that's SO cool it'll just :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:". How I yearn for being around in the days of internet so slow people wouldn't even be able to upload all the code for those websites :rofl2: :rofl2:

And it's not even the designers fault, the web is just "growing" for the worse, it's the industry nowadays :sniff:.

Sorry for this rant lol