3.7.2 betatesting experiences

it does it this way now :slight_smile:

but you need to boot in UEFI, otherwise msdos is assigned instead, this is of course in order to keep a compatibility with the computer capabilities, some old computers (the ones that boots in Legacy mode) may not support GPT disks:

Wikipedia: In the late 1990s, developed a new partition table format as part of what eventually became the "Unified Extensible Firmware Interface" (UEFI). As of 2010, the GUID Partition Table forms a subset of the UEFI specification.

So GPT is very related to UEFI for its development, if a computer doesn't support UEFI, it doesn't needs GPT too

Since the installer already suggest you to reboot your computer in UEFI mode instead of Legacy, in order to improve your disks structure, there should be not any problem with that.

which games exactly?
ok let me run a vbox test here to check them..

Thanks, fixed

Btw i will also remove it by default, i found it to be a pretty useless app to have by default, almost nobody should need it

should be fixed now too :slight_smile:

1 Like

is our chromium a bit buggy? i feel it like eating a lot of ram too :thinking:

good one! :slight_smile: so is your chromium lighter in ram usage in Mint? if so, there should be a problem with our version... and what about our version of Firefox compared to Mint? somebody can test it too?

Installer uses GPT structure for automatic partitioning if booted in UEFI mode or the disk has more than 1.5 TB

• Now also: if the elive system is on 64bit (everybody that booted a 64bit system should have a computer compatible with GPT, IMHO)

mentions: @Rebel450

.... has a computer compatible with GPT = :+1:

1 Like

Sometime when I start my computer and my Large 32 screen connected to a DP cable is in SLeep mode, Elive screen configuration as a problem and only run with the VGA left screen

I have to wake up the screen and run again the multiple screen config

SO the screen is not OFF but in some kind of sleep mode that normaly other OS just wake him up

You know what I am trying to say ?

yep.
thats quite bad in effect.
means auto detect is not working/ not sendind a (keep alive) tickle to the port.
Complains to the developer/maintainer then, and no
I don't have his number, sry

LOL

try ?

xset dpms force on