3.8.1 beta release

:man_facepalming: I experienced this sometime back . just forgot about it. Thanks anyways
Now i have no problems with external installs . I just wanted people to know that when you update your Elive , you are likely to loose many custom settings, menus as well as external installs, if you are not carefull

1 Like

To be precise:
When you update using external media like USB.
If you update using "apug" everything (including acquired faults :smile_cat: ) will remain intact.

Have a happy new year BTW. :dance:

One slightly annoying bug...
When copying files to a FAT USB stick the file manager hangs sooner or later. To solve... kill -KILL
:unamused:

Ohh and the "Writing data to device" on eject is still on untill I shoot the message down... That should self destruct when unmount is complete IMHO

1 Like

Yay, found what's causing it !

On opening a window, using EFM it causes "qtdemux" to segfault.....prolly when trying to generate thumbnails from videos.

Here's a screenshot whilst running "tail -f /varr/log/syslog" and opening a directory with videos.

Or use "mc" to copy over the files but be aware that FAT has some issues on max file size.

I have been trying to get pam_ldap to work...
Works fine on Mint. But on Elive... No such luck. Can't even get ldapsearch to query my server...
Is this meant to work this way :innocent:

Hello!

Problems I find when installing 3.8.2 x64, E16 via the .iso:
In Cairo-Dock, when launching a software via Cairo's menu, it comes nothing (but it's ok when using left mouse menu)...
I have now a next-frist-thing to do after shutting down E sounds, it's installing synaptic... I can understand that for some people the actual software manager could be "simple", but 's less usable too (e.g. if needed a library, you can't find it...). Yes, I know how to install synaptic but why not let both?
The big CD icon that is a separate Cairo effect can be technically interesting, but feels (to me) bizarre, incongruous... Ok, it launches a sound player, but....

Salutations!

I cannot stat this behaviour. Works fine on my machine.

Hello!
I love this beta so far! It runs very smoothly on my Dell E5450.
Very good integration of e16, I wonder if I could stick with it for ever :happybounce:
I'll do if I can.
There was an exit 1 status when upgrading some broadcom dkms, but I don't use it so I just removed it. I also customized conky configuration, adjusted syntax to 1.10 version and made something more "Elive", wonder if I could submit these changes so they would be integrated. Maybe I'll post them somewhere for anyone to try and give feedback.
Keep up the AWESOME job mate!

2 Likes

I still prefer the old e17 setup, but yes e16 integration is wonderful. This far way better than e23 (which i find annoying for a few reasons, luckily in this forum someone posted a really good theme for it!).

How do I remove it ?

For integration, it would be best to open a github account and put it there.
For just sharing you could put it up on gofile, it's free

How do I remove it ?

apr --purge broadcom-sta-dkms

1 Like

For integration, it would be best to open a github account and put it there.
For just sharing you could put it up on gofile, it's free

Okay I'll take the beer and see how it goes on github :sunny:

1 Like

I know what you mean. I have been using Elive with e16 64bit since I installed. It gives me everything I need. Though not as beautiful as the old e17 I agree...shame e16 cannot be tweaked to the same level - this setup is the most solid I have ever used.

2 Likes

IMHO we can get very close and should actually try.

On the other hand ....
Once Enlightenment (E23+) is bugfree it will be a lot faster and more versatile than E16.
So having both as an option would be ueber-cool and set us very apart (aka make special) from the rest of the distro's pack.

1 Like