3.8.14 x64 Betatest

Hello!

Beginning tests with the eeepc 1015pn:

• Conky ok in the screen; :+1:
  • Still things that doesn't run via Cairo's menu (Discs...)
  • Bender 2.82a! :ok_hand: runs nicely even on this machine & nvidia privative drivers / cuda-less for now (see on nvidia-privative thread for more)!
  • again, doubles in E (left mouse) menu (e.g. system monitor & ~ gnome that are (exactly?) the sames)...

Installation process on the way: next in about 2 hours..!

Salutations!

1 Like

Will upgrading break my custom settings and non repo installations ?

Absolutely.
Maybe install dualboot newer system and slowly migrate over. :thinking:

1 Like

Is it possible in the future to intergrate the Update of a new version in apug , so we dont have to install afresh?

There's no sense in that whilst in the beta phase .... there's just too many releases making it harder to see whether a found bug is version specific or not.

Once there's a stable release like "Retro" it wont be a point anymore....it will only have minor release versions similar to 3.0.6, if at all.

Makes sense .
I guess I am driven by the personal perception(may be erroneous) that linux is a modular system every thing is separate from the other , thus each update only affects updated program

With a monolithic kernel and an ever enlarging systemd ..... not really, anymore.

Hello!

A thing: when running from usb key, E launches well, without (*$£#~)-funny sounds, witch is (at least for me) very nice; Even after E restart due to locals change, when going in the prefs, those sounds are supposedly off, but few time after, that noises suddenly comes, and effectively shown as "on" in the prefs..! When tunned back to "off" at this time, it goes and stay ok (so off)...

Salutations!