3.8.2 betatest

I was not aware that Balena was cross platform. Thanks for that. The Elementary Linux is a lock in that does not provide Unetbootin in their repo, so I am stuck at this point.

Let me try another download and then Ethcher.

You rock :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another way is to checksum the download and make sure it is identical to the checksum given with the file.
On the commandline that would be thus:

md5sum elive_3.8.2_beta_hybrid_amd64.iso

Resulting in:

7ec77151bdf2b441fba75388667c529d elive_3.8.2_beta_hybrid_amd64.iso

1 Like

@triantares advise is a good one,
may be the download is prolly o.k.,
so you would save time & efforts ...
Checksum first :nod:

I'll report back. Checksum and then Etcher fromLinux.

Thanks... I really love this OS. I can not understand how come its not on the very top ten of Distrowatch

Because there's simply too few of us that get the word out. :shocked:

I always use Rufus but not in DD mode and it never went wrong with any distro

Could you post a screenshot with the settings to choose, this would be helpful for other Win- victims :madness:
:nod:

I use the default/recommended settings and a fat32 formatted USB drive. That's it

Hello!

A little thing: when entering a su password or typing in menu or so, (at least in E23), each key comes noisy... Supposedly more an E2x thing than Elive?

And: under E2x, it clames about OpenGL2.0 not possible when (here with the eeepc 1015pn) the nvidia ion2 is openGL 3.3....

Salutations.

Are the driver correctly installed and updated? It sounds like a driver issue. I have a desktop pc with integrated graphics that supposedly was slightly better than a geforce 2 (ok, well, still not so good but for sure i could play some old games, especially the ones designed for the tnt2 riva). So i was surprised when anything, even solitaire, was stuttering. I later found out that the driver on linux do not support anything further than basic 2D drawing D:

Hi!

Here it seems E2x relative: on E16 side it's ok for that..!

Ih!

1 Like

Hi folks.... I think this ASUS E403S is simply not going to handle Elive as i did try both stable and beta versions. I did install some other machines previous to this, experiencing no problems at all. The same happens to MX Linux and I can not get Fatdog to work neither.

BUT.... Manjaro went in fine and is now my OS. Altså Simplicity went in fine but its a bullshit OS imho.

I have tried like ten times the beta version and to be honest i do not have the time anymore as i need a machine to WORK in now for a court case. So if we are going to figure this out, it will be next month.

That said, I am a borrowed machine and not THAT important to ME. My normal machine, a Samsung does run it fine. I hope to get that back soon.

So I shall just take a short break here and finish my work and then get back to this forum probably more to contribute with some Linux Innovation that is completely missing as I see it.

The focus of this will be:

• A completely new way to think network by Wifi
  • A comprehensive study of 32 bit OS and 4 gig ram optimizing
  • A large educational addon for offline usage for programming education for the third world

:slight_smile: PS! I will not engage before next month due to a overwhelming amount of work ahead :frowning:

3 Likes

Hello guys. So... i upgrade to the 64 bits version of elive... And now the startup sound does not work anymore! Do you have any idea why?

plenty. :w00t:
Would that be e16 or e23?

sounds like your "autostart applications" is not working correctly, but i wonder why... this is important since there's applications that -should- start at start to keep the system compatbility and features working :thinking:

make sure you are using e16 (which is the default desktop supported by default), the only thing that comes to my mind is that the conf has been updated and not including the autostart applications :thinking:

note: 3.8.4 released

The conf was right (also because i personally edited it). Funny thing is that it did not work starting it manually either. But anyway, after the upate it worked again. It worked even too much since i tried things with xfce (just trying a theme, i stay loyal to e16!) and at every login i got the elive startup sound!

I am testing V3.8.2 on an iMac right now and it doesn’t upgrade 9 apps that it declares needing to be updated.

Could it be that it includes the system upgrade?

I have also another minor warning when Elive starts. It was also there with the Live version.
image image

then maybe if you played with packages you had a dependency removed :thinking: like mplayer probably, which made to not be able to play it

Seems like the pakcage manager doesn't listen the priority settings for the backports repositories, but you can ignore that since elive-upgrader will take care itself about the updates for your elive

are you in a tower computer or in a laptop?

1 Like

It is a Desktop iMac. I don’t remember the details of these problems because I tried many other distros after that :slight_smile: I would have to look at snapshots I normally take when I have problems.

This is with Mint... and my surrounding is not always clean like that :slight_smile: I got a new desk...

But 3.8.4 had no problems...

I just checked with V3.8.4 on my Mac and I have the same problems...

Same error when starting and now 10 apps that don’t update from the apps store.

I tried few times with the same result.