Actual development status (2021-10-12)

There's a small update about the actual development status and next:

Past:

• A lot of effort and time has been put in the last months implementing systems to detect and avoid spambots that comes to the website and insert fake emails to the database... our newsletter was pretty damaged with fake emails and the server is quite considered "spammer" because of that, I still need to cleanup the database of old fake emails but most of the work is already done, except some next steps in my emails tasks and also in the servers

Present

• To continue making the website working correctly and dealing nicely with emails (we cannot send to hotmail / ms emails, and almost the entire france), I need to reinstall a full email server in a new machine, let's make a good one, the server will use debian/bullseye as base so I also need some packages of Elive ported to bullseye, otherwise a server without Elive is not worth :slight_smile:
    • This 'Elive for servers' will lead to some work in the future script to Elivize a server, an idea of a future special Elive variant release
  • For that is needed to port the thousands of Elive packages to bullseye, but is not only about packaging, but making scripts also more dynamic and able to switch between versions easily, this is good to switch back to older versions of Elive to update packages if are needed, for the previous versions
  • Having packages in bullseye is a good moment to betatest builds of the special EliveRetro version on updated OS, if there's too much "surprises and bugs" found then we can release it based on Buster instead

Future

• Bullseye was needed to start the tests and work of implementing E24
  • The website needs a serious love and improvement in the contents

this is a good moment in history