Adding Davinci Resolve to Elive

Please consider to add Davinci Resolve as default video editor for Elive. Resolve already has free version for Debian Linux, it is rapidly grows in popularity and inclusion of it will bring so much more users to Elive. Resolve is industry leading software and many Hollywood films where edited in it. I do not have necessary skills but would be happy to contribute financially if some one willing to do so. This will allow many people to leave windows for good.

Hello SergElive and welcome to the forum. :smiley14:

It's a thought, we could. However, I do not quite understand what you mean by

inclusion of it will bring so much more users to Elive

Will Elive get listed on the Davinci website? I don't quite understand why this would bring more users to Elive, seeing as it's installable manually on Debian. :thinking:

Also, it's not Free and Open Source Software...I don't know if @Thanatermesis has an opinion on that.

(Going off topic here, the "About the [insert name here] category" isn't for questions. Instead, please create a new topic inside of the Get Involved: Suggest category. It makes everything more organised. :smile_cat:)

Seems like not directly available on debian: Debian -- Package Search Results -- davinci

Well, not sure about bringing more users to elive but elive would have an amazing software (seems to be very powerful and professional) directly included and ready to use, this is something very good

The problem is "if we can distribute it", this is not very clear to me but sounds like there's not a problem doing it, in such case elive could distribute it (but is not open-source, and some users doesnt' like that), but in any case stills a choice for the users as the way elive solved this by adding this option into the installer, which allows users to remove non-free software like skype, zoom, and dropbox :thinking:

2 Likes