Cairo Dock thread?

it'S not a bug, it's by design
I'll still do the Live mode test but t won't change anything
As long as my Cairo Dock is at the bottom of the screen, I won't be able to position my E Pager at the bottom right as used to

I can deal with taht

1 Like

Hello everyone. So i made a mess with my cairo dock and now it's ugly af. Could anyone share the default theme so i can install it back? eheh Or a recent macos style theme of some sort would be fine too... but i liked the elive theme

it never pops to me lol despite i'd like it too and i set it so

Ther is a command that I don't remmber, SKEL something that allow to "reimport" default settings from Elive Repo...

1 Like

I think this could help

1 Like

Oops Cairo is not in the list....

thank you, that's still helpful for the future!
I was finally able to make my dock look as good as i wished so i will share it!

Could you send a PICT how how it look ?

I also love the background btw, it's a picture of my gf while in the traditional market in Palembang (south Sumatra, Indonesia). The canon colors are wonderful, that's the jpeg straight out of the camera, in small size (i only save full sized raws + really tiny jpegs for web upload).

I added to the repository 3 FULL HD jpeg wallpapers:
Pulua Pari (small island not far from Jakarta)
Palembang
A random street in Roma.

2 Likes

.... Conky:

swap is too less .... :madness:

1 Like

@stoppy98 I love your Background picture...

I know. It was 1 gb ram in the beginning. i will fix it sooner or later. Maybe when i will add 2 more. Idk it's fluid enough rn, finding a screw driver and 2 more ram sticks is not worth the pain at the moment (good job @Thanatermesis :joy:)

thank you!

Yeah, but a few Mb of swap is really very small i.e practically nothing.
Making it bigger is not goig to make your machine any faster but might save you from data loss. :thinking:

it is 1.76gb, i'd use swap mostly for hibernate. So when i will have 4 gb installed i will set it to 8gb just to be sure.

yeah, but there is in fact no relation swap/RAM except maybe an old rule of thumb setting swap:RAM to 1.5:1

2 Likes

recovering your cairo-dock conf? use elive-skel:

killall cairo-dock
elive-skel upgrade .config/cairo-dock
cairo-dock

well, not in the GUI list, that's an improvemenet that the tool needs... which means also, a full rewrite :slight_smile: this tool is from the first versions of elive and the code is pretty ugly, it needs a supa-dupa-spatial-features into a future version

2 Likes