E25 screenshot using neonz

I moved to Enlightenment E25 again for a while. Just to see what can be done and 'cause E16 was getting a bit long in the tooth.
Here's my E25 desktop ATM, using the "neonz" theme as well as the "beautyline" icon set.

And using "Cybertechno" icons

And with the 3 shelves (systray, pager and ibar) aligned differently.

1 Like

Considering green is an often used color, albeit it does make having a "glow" easier (by i.e OpenSuse and Bodhi) I thought I'd look around for a color fr Elive int he extra-dark mode that "NeonZ" uses.
And decided on pinkish to at least differentiate Elive from the rest of the pack.
Using the theme-builder from GitHub - simotek/Enlightenment-Themes: Various Enlightenment themes im working on, a branch per theme I came up with this DarkPink as a proof of concept.

It's not quite ready yet ... like the font color on the header-bars being grey in place of pink too.
Nor is the Elive logo included on the iBar yet (I set that manually in the screenshot) but doesn't look too bad IMO.

If there's requests for other colors in place of pink or green (blue is the default E25) let me know and I'll see if I can create those.

If you feel like trying it, it's here for download. Just copy that "Elive-DarkPink.edje" file to "~/.elementary/themes/ " and it should be available though settings on E25.

And a more violet hue, for which I used the reLighted theme-color changer. It uses the default dark-flat E25 theme as a base, not the extra-dark I prefer.

It's nice to play with the colors though. They've even got a downloadable .edje (for an older E18 version so YMMV, I haven't tried it) that'll do the conversion on-the-fly. :face_with_head_bandage:

Or for a slightly darker pink version...my personal preference :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

Nice job!
Just personally, I would see that with orange alike in place of pink, and the center with less flash, sun set/rise style! :wink:

Ih!

I can accommodate an orange wish but the wallpaper isn't included in the theme as it's hard to find pictures that are guaranteed free to distribute.
Using an Elive system one.

But then again, this setup isn't very different from my E16 RetroWave setup, is it? :astonished:

Ooh well. :dance:

Your orange idea has grown on me. :slight_smile:

I'm thinking of dumping pink for orange .... but not the version I put up in the previous post. That was a quicky and it shows.
IMO the orange is sort of too pale so I'll be experimenting to find an orange color that gives a nice neon effect.

Any other comments or suggestions are quite welcome.

1 Like

Hi!

Plenty of C vitamin: gooood for health!
In association with the E one! :wink:

Ih!

1 Like

A small heads up on E25 theming.

Just (almost) fixed my Elive-Retrowave-E25 theme using a magenta scheme. Having the "active" window header text show in the theme color.
Still having a fight with vector icons and shelf placements as well as wanting an additional slightly magenta hue to the dark bars...so not having it available just yet. :work:
Once that's done I'll have an orange version available too ... promised @Franc

1 Like

And ... keeping my promise :wink: :

https://gitlab.com/Elive/elive-e25-retro-theme/-/raw/main/Elive-Vitamin-c.edj?ref_type=heads

Using Elive-Vitamin-c theme on default OpenSuSe-Tumbleweed E25.4 for testing and comparing: