EliveLight and Dark e16 themes

im not sure if e16 manages transparencies, newer E's does these things much MUCH better... but i suggest to simply use the same BG colors as the borders behind it, so it will fit correctly

hum.... that means change all the images

by other side is good to have a light theme, but don't spend too much effort on that, remember that is a temporal desktop :slight_smile:

It's not very good at transparency but it does work.
I did use the same BG colors and they look OK except sometimes it's hard to find exactly the right grey shade.
In the current GTK-light it's only when highlighting a non-active window that needs to be repaired. :stuck_out_tongue:

But Iwas leaving that as is and going for a similar approach as Dark/Stable.

Here the "active" buttons have a background whereas the "normal" is hanled by 16s transparency.
Elive_Screenshot_2019-10-08_15%3A19%3A07__175x125

mmh, but that's the problem, just like with gif images, their borders are very pixelated

Here the "active" buttons have a background whereas the "normal" is hanled by 16s transparency.

yeah, see these pixelated borders :thinking: e16 uses old technologies lol

ah! you need to pick the exact color :slight_smile:

in elive stable we have elicit tool, but is now buggy on the newer versions making it unusable, this amazing tool gives you the colors of any element on your screen

ok ok... ill make a look to the code...

the hard way is: make a screenshot (as png format), edit it in gimp, pick the color you want to get from it

@triantares elicit source code fixed =)

1 Like

I
Yeah, and all I need is the hex. :smile_cat:

I've gone over to "Krita" ...it's become vastly superior to gimp and much easier for editing icons although inkscape is my real favourite for this kind of work.

you should try the newly fixed "elicit" if you didn't yet :slight_smile: , you click on the obtained HEX and you have already it copied ! wohooo :happy_dance:

1 Like

i suggest this work for Dark e16

:yum:

1 Like

kill_1.png
copy file in /usr/share/e16/themes/Elive_Dark/artwork/windowbutton/
rename kill_1.png for iconify_1 and max_1
iconify_1

1 Like

This very nicely done .. thank you/merci.

I've started using the retro theme on e16 which is actually very much to my liking.
Especially after replacing cairo-dock with tint2.

If anybody is interested, I'll gladly share the config files. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes