Enlightenment flavors in the new alpha versions

Haaaaa
I know why you are not happy

1 Like

Me on a 32 inch monitor, 2560 X 1440,. everything is perfect
Yoda

Do you know some Perl?

The menu generator is a perl script, its a simple but smart parser which generates the menus in the best friendly way (and it is), but it is not the same as the ones included in e17... for that, it should include more complexity parsing for extra datas, a good perl coder can make it to be generated like in the e17 ones :slight_smile:

/usr/share/e16/scripts/e_gen_menu

That's the code, and its pretty easy in fact, it includes modifications for elive (the original one made the menus much less friendly for elive case)

Im not sure to understand your menu / pointer problem , have you tried to change the focus settings?

yeah its very good but also more limited in possibilities too, e22+ includes can do much more things, the good thing of e16 (for me) is that it simply works, with (most of) everything i need, and its fast and without bugs :slight_smile: - hey! if bugs in e16 they can be friendly fixed but the actual dev, so don't get wrong expectancies if you see something that "not works" on e16... if there's something to fix, i will communicate with him

1 Like

oh! the problem is the small elements of e16, have you tried the other (provided) themes?

Yes, there's a Star Trek theme! :mwahaha:

1 Like

they are very stylish, yeah, I like these too, the best e16 theme imho

lol your finger occupies 4 menu entries sizes :rofl2:

alt + esc

Watch it, that was my wife's finger. :omfg:

But that's why I'm so in favour of a dock that's easily resizable and postionable.
On (modern mobile) touch screens that's imperative and ...... multi-touch gestures, of course!

so for touchscreen Elive's users, it will be

1- someone code something in e16
or
2- E22 will be the path of the future but not a priority for now

Yoda
make sense ?

I do a bit but not really. Perl is sheer hell to read IMO as if the programmer threw all his lines of code in a jar and then emptied it out on the table and put together again randomly.

That is actually quite readable.
I still prefer a dock though...... you'd be shocked at how small the eplets are on my screen. :flushed:
Still the E-power epplet shows the battery status nicely.

I'm not getting anything on to the brightness thingy on my X1 though .... keep getting distracted. :poop:

@triantares have you tried with e22, as @yoda suggest?

:rofl2:

Ok i must confess perl looks a bit like that, a lot of shrinked chars, but i call this "efficient code" (efficient to write), its not very difficult to read if you know (good) bash, i mean its similar but with more features