Good job Elive

Thank you for your kind words and testimonial, unfortunately Elive hiddes so many features inside and they are not very well known, but I should improve this on the website sooner or later...

Good news is that I started working in some 64 bit tests recently :surprise: , and there's good and bad news about that:

Good:

• result is pretty responsive, even in slow computers
  • first builded tests were able to boot succesfully (that's only the 1% of all the work, but a very important one)
  • there will be a 64 bit version of Elive!
  • it will have pretty newer software
  • it is strongly needed for every type of user to have a newer Elive, everyday is harder to do things with the outdated software, while in the meantime people can use chroot's like me to do extra things is not the friendliest option
  • will support secure boot (tested :omfg: )

Bad:

• seems like to require much more RAM than what I expected (even for the 32bit build) by default (around 250 MB instead of 100), but i need to research more about this and see how much is possible to reduce the ram usage, so nothing is clear yet about this
    • as I expected, this was due to mostly by the crappy systemd, in a more recent test with some Elive optimizations and removing systemd, the RAM usage is very promising and this is strongly faithful for old computers that still want to survive on this world with updated software
      • unfortunately this increases the amount of work needed even more for a future version of Elive
  • tons of thousands of trillions of things to adapt and fix and customize to end in a result as good as the version 3.0 :typing: :work:
  • unknown future and success result :baffled:

Just for the fun of the record...

4 Likes