Hardware testing

I’m preparing a list of all the hardware i have lying around. So I thought that maybe there’s something useful I could use it for?
Unluckily it’s all old crapware (except for the original IBM think centre obviously, it never gets old :wink:) , so I was thinking that I could use it for some sort of driver/performance testing? May it be useful? Like trying lighter de setup, finding minimum requirements, driver support, software rendering performance…
I’d upload here the hardware I have or just try to satisfy requests
If it’s a useless task and won’t give any help I will just delete this thread
(the hardware goes from old athlon socket A to i7 4k, just to have an idea about it)
@Thanatermesis @yoda @jfbourdeau

A very good thing to test is to "compare" the older versions of Elive with the last ones, to see how much degrades the performance over the years (which is an inevitable thing), while it can also have some other performance improvements, so in the end, a detailed comparison is something good to know ! :slight_smile:

Yes of course! these are very welcome and useful things to improve Elive! :happybounce:

If it’s a useless task and won’t give any help I will just delete this thread

I think that I just missed this thread :slight_smile:

That's pretty old!, remember that you can download all the older versions of Elive from:

http://elivecd.org/download/old-versions

1 Like