I'm finishing my end-of-year vacation. I used part of it to start becoming familiar with theme programming.
It's only a start (modified e23 default theme). that's work in progress (creating a full theme seems to be a lot of work). Please view it as an exercise. I don't pretend it's beautiful, not even cute.
I'm open to suggestions. If you can send graphical elements matching your suggestion, that's even better, as my graphical skills are very limited.
Here's a screenshot:
Here are the modifications I brought to default theme (and thanks you Triantares for providing the elive logo in another post):
- moved images in 'image' directory (and adapted build.sh). Note: surprisingly, this modification is not preserved when edje_decc'ing the theme
- created config.edc to store theme configuration
- init: use cloudy background and elive logo + removed 'blanker' effect
- background: set a cloudy default wallpaper
- shelf: set transparent as default
- created shelf_icon.edc to factorize golden framed shelf icon on mouse over
- inherit from shelf_icon in: start, syscon, backlight, battery, clock, conf, connman, cpufreq, omni (aka evrything), mixer, keyboard (aka xkbswitch), ibar items, miniature desks (aka pager16 items)
- start: use elive logo as icon
What's next ? Having more fun with themes of course ! Continuing the modifications. Next modifications:
- ibar list of existing windows
- various gadgets menus (?)
- window borders and buttons