Let's say welcome to the new magnificent tool for power-management your Elive system, called elive-pm
It will be the correct way to shutdown / reboot / suspend / etc (and even lock) your computer !
Running the tool without parameters will show you all the available options
It will feature things like:
- verify no important processes are running before to shutdown, like apt / dpkg proccesses, on which case will inform the user and wait for them to finish (no more troubles with this! w00t!)
- fallback calls, translated messages, reports, checks, etc...
- verify of errors when performing suspend / hibernate
- verify and inform about possible data loss when recovering from suspend (this should never happen, but it will check for this since is a very important thing to know for the users)
- lock will lock your e16 desktop and blank the screen by default
- e16 will use the new elive-pm callbacks instead (version 3.8.10 will suggest you to update your desktop because of that)
- @triantares this tool will solve these "waiting processes" stuff from systemd by checking them before, i have listed apt / apt-get / dpkg, but there can be also other processes that can run too that wont allow to perform the shutdown, suggestions about which ones?
- This is a nice "feature announcement" published, but only a few of elive users is going to know about it (the ones that reads this thread), while there can be thousands more to know about it... this means that it should be wrote a kind of newsletter about elive sometimes ?