New Download Beta's page (work in progress)

heh :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

im a bit confused now with all the versions of the sentence lol, but yeah is an important one which needs some important care, let me see if i can summarize all the important points in a short one..

ok what about this?

E16 is dated but Elive surprises us again by customizing it in an amazing way, allowing you to work from an uptodate Elive and providing the highest grade of stability. E16 is unbreakable, light and pretty different, play with it and you won't regret the experience!

sounds even better from this different perspective and removing a bit of complexity

1 Like

Why? The Elive customized e16 is an amazing work environment, hasslefree and with the highest grade of stability. E16 is unbreakable, lightning fast and unique in its kind, an experience you wont regret.
enjoy! While we focus on developing the final desktop.

Now, about another page topic:

the "write an article to get the download" button, will point to this page Submit Article to Download 64bit beta - Elive Linux

Suggestions? Enough intuitive? correct text?

note: page is already fully functional! you can betatest the entire feature itself with the emails notifications received and download link

Looks good.
Only the last part requires some editing.

OLD: Write an article about Elive on any website that you want, talking a bit about which features you liked the more from the stable version (which is entirely cost-free), you can do it in any language but English is the preferenced one :slight_smile:
NEW:
Write an article about Elive on any website you choose, mentioning which features you liked the most in the stable version (which is entirely cost-free), you can write in any language but English is prefered :slight_smile:

1 Like

..... :thinking:

And you think, this is making any sense/change ?
:sniff:

Anything you don't try will definitely not change anything ...... so why not.
Am glad to see @Thanatermesis his spell-checker works (mine got lost in the upgrade) and changed "prefered" to "preferred". :clown_face:

2 Likes

:grin::grin:

Ok, what are the suggestions to include in the list of "These new versions includes..." (so let's list all the new amazing features here)

I have added everything that I can remember, but I'm sure that I forget some things, specific points, or special things from these new much updated alpha's!

I just fell asleep on my laptop and woke to this message. Not sutre what you're referring to but will take a look tomorrow (ehhh...today) 'cause my eyes are getting watery and I have to walk the dog too. :omfg:

Talking about Elive - Beta Download

where it shows a list like changelog / new features / improvements etc...

i just added some w00t screenshots, i think that the page is pretty ready now :slight_smile:

SIGH!! :sniff:

there was :slight_smile:
https://forum.elivelinux.org/t/website-changes-updates/1024/2?u=thanatermesis

BTW I disabled the beta-0 page, in order to not make people / websites "found accidentally it" and found that new version and start sharing it without announcement

Less is more. I like fast windowmanagers and I love e16. This is linux so its ok to go minimal. If you want pretty words for it, call it streamlined, efficient, lean, OPTIMIZED, snappy, responsive. Enjoy those adjectives and maybe don't make me pay to beta test. I can't write a review until I try the OS and I will use and provide feedback.

4 Likes

@pipegame13 are you looking for a specific download of elive? which one are you missing out?

I want to help beta test the UEFI 64bit version if possible. I'll do full install and persistence then write a review for you but I can't until I put it through my obstacle course. Also I'm very interested in trying to make a portable drive but fully installed set of tools for various purposes possibly with a different kernels. I do sound/music and visual art, computer maintenance and repairs and I'm trying to teach myself networking and pen testing but I'm very new and suck at those. I'm extremely interested in the use of sandboxed portable self contained applications booted entirely in RAM since its pretty abundant nowadays. Possibly also very streamlined virtual machines booted in RAM for DJing and live SoundBoard mixing experimentation. Any thoughts on that, sir and also thank you for your beautiful work on this software

1 Like

The E16 version is a lot faster, than newer e version... This was the same, way back when Elive was the Gem version..... It was a lot faster, before it was updated........ e17 installed... That was way back when XP/Vista was the OS of choice....

I do not think that Kodi has ever been so fast? Not sure what changes you made, however it is very fast....compared to Debian Sid even...

There used to be a lot of e16 themes......

Great Job developers.

Many of the OS options available, which used to be fast......... All stopped being developed..

Yoper was a very fast OS..... Elive was a very fast OS. Feather Linux was fast........

Many of these, all went to the wayside..... For the giant 'boat' type OS options, Fedora, Ubuntu, SuSe, etc.... which are kind of like driving an old car from the 70s, it just kind of floats down the road, not very responsive, etc.... I wonder how fast this OS would be, if there was an option to install a 'Minimal version'? Perhaps, if possibly you had the option not to install all of the addons?

Xfce and E16-17 are typically the fastest/lightest GUI available....E16-17 is always great, it looks great and has great graphics.... though Xfce often has lots of options...Lots of adds, sensors, alarms/alerts, desktop notices, etc....

Long story short......... Lots of great choices and work, building this OS... This OS could easily be retailed. I purchased Xandros, way back when and this OS has always been better than it was.... If you were to customize the Software installer or put a new face on Synaptic, for sure, this OS could be Retailed...... I hate to see, that you don't get more contributions....... Clearly a lot of work has gone into this OS....

4 Likes

Hmm, I like that comparison. :smile_cat: