Nvidia Privative Drivers installation

There's VERY good news about Nvidia: thanks to my friend Mauro I had access to a computer with Nvidia these days, I was surprised that the installer of the drivers didn't worked for many reasons, it took me a few days to fix them all and do all the betatestings, so now:

• Nvidia drivers installs correctly now
  • Extra packages are installed to run things that requires CUDA or OpenCL, like blender or davinci resolve
  • Optimus cards supported (laptops with hybrid cards that switch between intel or nvidia when required)
    • it is also implemented in a way that the user selects if wants to use it "on demand" or to switch fully to nvidia
  • tested on live, persistence mode, and tested on switching this persistence between computers that has or not the nvidia drivers

Will be helpful if you try to install these drivers (in Live mode and/or installed mode) to see that they correctly works before the release, you can find it in the torrent of the release-candidate for EliveRetro: Elive Retro (Work in Progress) - #52 by Thanatermesis

1 Like