Persistence features promoting

is more related about the time required to spend (developing) than in the ease to implement (there's already a lot of work to do so the less time the better)

well, it is very easy and fast to implement a menu entry in the menus that runs an application (or configurator), elpanel doesn't give anything better than that, except that looks cooler / geeker / unique, in the con side, its much slower to implement, not dynamic (if you remove the application / configurator, the entry still shows in elpanel but unable to run it, and for some reason some users don't like it (maybe too geeky for them))

the menus doesn't do a bad job with that, the idea is more like "everything in one place" (launchers as applications or configurators, divided in intuitive menus)

yep

some parts of the video are harder to understand the words but I tried to keep the volumes higher for these parts

yeah it was a small experiment improvised and the result is quite nice :), all made from Elive (new cinelerra-gg which is super good & better), and also: from persistence! (i don't have my computer with me these last days, so I'm experimenting how good I can work from persistence, so in fact the USB from the video is the real persistence system from where I work and from where all this video has been made, as we can see in the last scene of the video :smiley: ) let's see the next upload which improves in quality and a few minor things

haha
I have been living in a hostel in the past months, which now became more active (in quarantine we were a few ones and was a very calm place), she's a traveler very friendly that i met here recently, quite active on instagram and she liked the idea to record a few scenes for make a video :smiley:

BTW she's also the one that I installed Elive on her laptop in order to make working a few broken (water stuff) keys on the keyboard, so I used that for write this howto too: How to repair broken keys in a keyboard cost-free on Linux

Subtitles:

WAIT! let me upload the last video version (times won't change probably) and so we can create a correct subtitles, using "subtitle-editor" (or a similar software) so that I can add it to the youtube video directly :slight_smile: I wonder how easy can be to use google translator to translate the .srt file to other languages :thinking: at least to have a base made

2 Likes