Pre-announcement for the beta versions

so what you suggest?

today is thursday, the day which should be announced a release (so i should do it now)

if i announce just the beta in 32bit (as how it has been before), we will need to wait 3-4 weeks for the next announcement at least (if we want to have an impact)

by other side, if we announce the 64bit "so big" and then the users will found that is only available from donations, this could generate bad reviews on internet :thinking: (so instead: just provide it this way with donations, and then announce it big for the stable release which will not require donation?)

a piece of the updated newsletter (the one which notify's about releases):

header (demo header! version is auto fetch from the last one found!)

which clearly tells about Buster, kernel version, and 64bit availability (i found very important to say that, especially since people is traumatized for the old software included in 3.0)

[ here comes the rest of the contents, like CHANGELOG ] ...

and then a static extra contents like:

also, i think that im going to rename "Alpha" to "Beta" :thinking:

2 Likes

Suggestions to make more motivational (its for them to write a nice article about elive!) this page? Submit Article to Download 64bit beta - Elive Linux

There's a "Catch 22" there:

How can they write an article about a distro they haven't been able to download yet? :shocked:

because the 32bit is :slight_smile:

and also, it mentions to write about the stable version (not the beta + 64bit), we want articles about the stable version which is more polished for end users

I'm not sure that's clear enough in the text.

Yeah, but with this release you have in fact antiquitated "stable".
Again, this has to be more clearly stated. "Stable" could indeed use some good coverage to not be forgotten. :thinking:

ok, i must improve it then, mmmh, but in any case im not very happy with the entire text :thinking:

but is the one which offers the most featured and gorgeous experience

I'll see if I can find some time for it.

Added a good list of Articles submited in the past (years) :slight_smile:

1 Like