Release version not updating

I've noticed that not only does not "/etc/elive-release" not update it's version number despite running "apug" and "elive-health" regularly ..... it also does not set the kernel correctly.
On my system:
uname -a
Linux antares-ThinkPad-X1 5.3.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.3.9-2~bpo10+1 (2019-11-13) x86_64 GNU/Linux

and:

~ ❯❯❯ cat /etc/elive-version
elive-codename: alpha
elive-version: 3.7.16
debian-version: buster
date-builded: 2019-10-12
stable-release: no
kernel: 5.2.0-0.bpo.2-amd64

Nor the other version file.

~ ❯❯❯ cat /etc/lsb-release.elive
<# Important: The values should be the correct ones for Elive, but if you enable them it will break some debian stuff like update-notifier, update-manager-gnome, add-apt-repository, steam, and many others... - So better to stick at a Debian / buster compatible system
#DISTRIB_ID="Elive"
#DISTRIB_RELEASE="3.7.16"
#DISTRIB_CODENAME="Opal+"
#DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Elive alpha 3.7.16 (Debian buster 10.1)"
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Elive alpha 3.7.16"

I think this requires some attention.

My 64 bits install....

❯❯❯ uname -a
Linux Elive-Desktop 5.2.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.2.9-2~bpo10+1 (2019-08-25) x86_64 GNU/Linux

~ ❯❯❯ cat /etc/lsb-release.elive

#DISTRIB_ID="Elive"
#DISTRIB_RELEASE="3.7.8"
#DISTRIB_CODENAME="Opal+"
#DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Elive alpha 3.7.8 (Debian buster buster/sid)"
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Elive alpha 3.7.8"

a few points:

the kernel should be not upgraded by default (this is fixed)

these version files should not be modified, as explained in another thread... the system can be correctly updated but since it may not include -all- the changes, is better to keep a reference in the OS of what's the exact version of elive that was installed

this means, it may not include new packages selected on the OS, possible kernel updates, personal configurations, installer improvements, system configurations, etc...

more of these details / diferences are wrote in How to update your Elive, the correct way