Reviewing Elive reviews - what I agree with

Another problem is when I tried to use it with Virtualbox, which is the most common situation among new users. It was superslow dealing with my Intel graphic card. Indeed, it's the slowest distro I've ever tried in Virtualbox.

Yes, yes, yes. It was completely unusable for me in VirtualBox - at least the stable was; not sure about the betas.

Another problem is the excesive colourful of its interface. The terminal looks like if it'd been designed by a 10 year old child. It's pretty tedious and weary. It's necessary to change the initial configuration to transform it into something more adult. A good example is the question about whether I want a sound each and every time the system is booted. Really? Are you serious? Come on, man, that's so childish. In addition, the interface is overloaded, so it becomes distracting. Lots of super small icons on the title bar.

Do not agree with that - I like fun OSes as long as they are still functional.

Second review -

I installed it on an old PC, with an ATI (AMD) graphics card, and the distro told me that it was a bad choice, and to buy a better grapics card! That is not okay.

That sounds like bad wording. I think that wording was improved after.

next:

still looks and feels like something a 12 year old would make as his first project. All the effects are really distracting, the ergonomics are poorly thought out and, to add insult to injury, their payment scheme is like a bad joke. Over all I wouldn't use it even if I was the one getting paid to use it.

Not gonna review this one, have gotten too sick of seeing it every distrowatch version.

next:

Some small things are missing, such as a volume control widget.

I do agree, I had to go into the settings to enable that on Stable.

I really enjoy the startup screen. It's easy on the eyes and with just enough 'movement' of things on the screen to hold ones attention enjoyably as it boots up.

Agreed.

And Im getting a bit tired of reviewing reviews so this is the end. Just a few things to think about. :slight_smile: