Stable version having E16?

Hello,
I saw that the Betaversion has E16 in it, Maybe Could you make a fork of Stable version that Also has E16?

I really like Enlightenment 16 and wish it would be easier to put it in Elive..

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello @TheTechRobo on a first welcome the forum.

In Stable it is as simple as installing e16 with "api e16"in a terminal and if you're wanting the current theme used in Beta you'll want "e16-theme-darkone" on top you'll need to install "cairo-dock" as well as "conky" separately if you want those.

Personally I find e17 in Stable a much better experience (kinda like e16 on steroids) but to each his own. :wink:

2 Likes

Personally I find e17 in Stable a much better experience (kinda like e16 on steroids) but to each his own. :wink:

I like E17 too but —for me— most elements are nicer (I hate the modern "flat" look, E17 is not flat but is flatter than E16 in my opinion)
If I could I'd combine the two but that's not how it works unless I wanted to make a completely new desktop or modify the existing one... which I don't... :smirk:

In Stable it is as simple as installing e16 with api e16 in a terminal and if you're wanting the current theme used in Beta you'll want "e16-theme-darkone" on top you'll need to install "cairo-dock" as well as "conky" separately if you want those.

Thanks for tutorial! +1 and marked as solution :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::ballot_box_with_check:

EDIT 18h06 (~three minute later) P.s. Will that command api e16

1 Like

Not sure if that's a question but "api" is an alias for "apt-get install" on Elive.
Type "alias" to see all that are available. Just shortcuts :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Very interesting! I thought api was a standalone package manager!

Thanks!

1 Like

alias | grep apt

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Im rereading and i dont know what the heck i meant :confused:
Not sure why I didn't finish the sentence. Sorry

1 Like

As a final note I consider that the beta version which already includes a well integrated e16 can be perfectly be used as a stable version with e16 :slight_smile: (and yes, stable in bold)

3 Likes

It looks like api no longer exists in elive 3.8.2..is this a bug?

Hi!

Well.... I just used it in 3.8.8 without problem...

Ho!

Maybe it just never installed... Or maybe I accidentally checked it off in the 'remove programs' screen.....I can't remember.