Stable version having E16?

This sounds like a huge amount of work, I'd be crazy to attempt it.

So count me in. :madness:

It's an incredible lot of work and wont be finished before years end, that's for sure!
...... one would almost think @Thanatermesis is trying to put us 2 on ice so he can procrastinate releasing Retro. :thinking:

Anyway .... let's just start it up and take it day by day, step by step. :work:

Thinking about start ups, all the stuff I've started (sort of) in relation to Elive and never got round to finishing:

• Elive welcome widget
  • Documenting live booting (sort of finished that)
  • light-GTK-theme (e16)
  • E24 theming
  • Elive & E16 on arm64 Bullseye(pinebookpro)
  • Icon set for customized Elive
  • beautified log-out widget
  • webkit widgets
  • alternate logos
  • Wikipedia entry (nonono! never again!)
  • create zsync-curl widget (thetechrobo sort of finished that)
  • and last: Write a Howto on customizing E16 ( what's there, might be useful for the documentation)

Not counting the stuff I wanted or proposed to start ..... but never did. :face_with_head_bandage:

So you could say I'm experienced in firing up lost causes. :dance:

1 Like

Yeah, but it's not that good. Im planning on doing a major rewrite, based on the youtube-dl-gui code, once I change youtube-dl-gui to a nicer gui toolkit.

1 Like

A good thing is that E16 is "maintained" i.e not under construction any more.
Documenting a moving target is really frustrating ..... it's outdated before you even finished it. :slightly_frowning_face:

It's only a wrapper around the command but has to feel like it's a program of it's own and if possible be a tad pretty too.
If possible, try to add some of the "Options" like "rate limit", "video format" and/or "target directory"

Yeah, that's what I was hoping to do.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Creating E16 Retro