Task manager and organizer collaborative tool (ASANA)

you must ask this account to me :slight_smile: email me with an username and password so i will create it

that info should be clearly explained in eltrans (if was not the case, you can improve that message by "translating eltrans" in english language) :slight_smile:

mmmh, i would say instead to "just create the tasks in their relative / specific project", if a task is not accepted or something similar, it will be simply closed :slight_smile: - that would be a faster workflow and will include a more organized structure, maybe, the tasks on their project can be included in a first "queue" or similar named section (which is compatible with the Boards mode like in trello), which is also a fast workflow to move them from "queue" to "in progress"

yep, like your next post, the "Proposed Tasks" are the Sections i was saying

well, i like to think on projects like topics, let's say all the tasks should be set to a specific project by default (it can be changed later), this way improves the organizing (if you click in a project, you will see all the tasks related to it), tasks can have no project set, but this will make them maybe harder to find (or in a waiting mode before they are set / organized to found them easily later)

note that also we have "progress" features per-project, which shows a statistic of tasks opened VS closed tasks

I did it, but you never answered me, or maybe the contact section into website didn't work.... I'll email you again ASAP

@Thanatermesis
Same to me please or

I just follow the invitation you sent ???

really? hum :thinking: it should work... actually i still not have received any email, try again and tell me which "contact button" you used for it

OR: maybe you don't have received the email with the answer :thinking: have you checked your spam folder? if is gmail should be not a problem, but elive is unable to delivery to any micr0shft email services :woman_shrugging:

which invitation? not sure to understand, if i created you the account, in the email there's the details of how to use it :slight_smile:

UPDATES and NOTES from the asana platform:

• please do not use attachments :slight_smile:
  • we should use the comments to notify us specifically about things from the tasks, but not as a discussion board (we have the forum for this, and that site is limited to a very few ones), for example there's a task asking which theme we should use by default, so we should debate this on the specific thread for it on the forum
  • the platform should be used mainly for just "organizing tasks" (to structure them, have a roadmap/goals, not forget them, track them, etc...)

switching back again to this thread, comments about the Asana platform?

I was gone into Menu -> Elive -> Eltrans and I had a message box like this:

I looked for an email address into Elive's webpage and sent you an e-mail (I didn't remember the address) but maybe is lost into tons of e-mails in you account.

I'll send you again to your GMail account from my GMail account along today.

Good to know, I must confess that I have some troubles that how ASANA works and those explanations will be helpful to me to understand... I'll try to consacre my Saturday afternoon to study how ASANA works to start to really work seriously with it because we have still a long way to drive and time runs fast...

1 Like

Some days ago I closed (marked as Completed) 1-2 tasks from asana

Did you* received any notification from Asana? So I would like to know if the site is well configured to send notifications of activity :thinking:

No, I didn't. :sob:

Mmmh, I don't remember if -we- changed the default notification settings on Asana when started to use them, can you verify your notification settings?

Frankly I don't like asana ..... it looks more like a control-freak construction than a collaborative one.
I am never in the clear if I'm on my own page or the Elive collab one and whether my messages get through or are simply disregarded. :disbelief:

So I actually stopped going there and await email messages about activity (sort of like github does) to react.

The last activity is Sept. 5 by you.

I actually missed that one ......,never got that in my email Correct that, I did get it. :thinking:

Hmmmm, trying to see "recently completed tasks" requires me to upgrade. :frowning:

Conclusively:

If it is only the two of us doing any real tasks: We don't need (might as well dump) this asana stuff and stick to github or gitlab. :sniff:

Me neither....

Too long "learning curve" to learn a sophisitcated " Project / Task " management tool.... I stopped going too LOL

1 Like

Ok so all the collaborative Asana has been set up for nothing

github is not a solution, its a control-revision system which supports extra features (comments, bug reports, etc), and its more friendly only for developers, also there's not any "center" of anything, just dispersed repositories of source codes with their relative "bug reports" section

I don't think that there's a learning curve really, it is just:

• create / view tasks
  • comment them
  • mark them as completed
  • set tags / projects to them to have it more organized

Anyways, if nobody is going to use Asana, its useless to talk about it

Well currently there are so few of us collaborating that Asana indeed is overkill.
Maybe one day when oversight is needed due to massive volunteering.

Highly disagree there, I use git for all kinds of things.

Considering that most of us are in different time-zones, AND git is easy to fix conflicts, I don't think we need a real-time editor. Ghostwriter would work for editing mds.

Just my 2cents. :+1:

Just to say that i agree with triantares' comment "Frankly I don't like asana ..... it looks more like a control-freak construction than a collaborative one. I am never in the clear if I'm on my own page".
It is a tool for a control freak boss who is afraid to trust his team. My main work is drafting and reviewing documents and our system wastes so much time as it is not properly connected to Sharepoint. Finding stuff is hugely time wasting.

2 Likes