Utilities Screenshots | Conky, gKrellm, etc

Checked again all are in order except I dont know about E24, mine has been particularly messed up in settings but still works with the occasional surprise.

Rebooting still does not bring the conky up . However this time, when i open an instance of Terminology it preloads the conky on its own as if i had typed it in the terminal. The more terminology windows i open the more conkys produced overlying the previous one till the resolution deteriorates. That was unexpected

Ahum ..... create a new user so you can test with that one.

With my previous issues of losing access to my other partitions whenever i open a new user, How do you recommend i proceed to create the new user while retaining my polkit access

That shouldn't be happening and if it still does .... do a fresh install.

Crudely put:

This is Beta testing after all and a totally messed up system like yours, just makes waves where there shouldn't be and is in fact a waste of time for others.
If you want long term stability, go for Stable and install Beta alongside..

Ah understood! the point of beta install. Will try that as I have an extra hard drive since i destroyed the old tablet to scavenge a wifi card

If the your disk isn't too small it's quite easy to install as dual or multi boot on the same disk giving the choice on boot up.
Or run Stable in virtualbox on Beta as the machine specs for Stable can be fairly modest.

Its not that big just the odd 1 terabyte , Will try something . I find i too limited when i want to run 64bit programs that arent available in 32bit. and I hate switching between OSes mid working , thats why i booted Winblows off my computor. Anyway most of my work requires an Office suite so there is that . As long as i can save my last files , i dont mind if beta crashes

In that case I'd advise backing up your /home directory (you'll find that 1Tb is quite large to bcak up) and do a fresh install with 3.8.12 or 13.
or
Install a fresh 3.8.12 in Virtualbox with a fresh E24 and subsequently see if your issues persists.

Considering your prior issues I'd strongly advise a totally new install.

Performed a fresh install, following reformating of the NTFS partition. ( ofcourse i backup) and said goodbye to windows completely. Still testing for bugs will update experience

1 Like

In general I when I start off with a new laptop, I make a copy of the Windows on it with Clonezilla.
That way, if I want to sell or return it i can do so with the original OS on it.

I also do that with Linux laptops BTW. Like my Eeepc, Linutop and the still awaited Pinebook64 :madness: