What are the login and password details for Elive 3.0 Stable? Anyone?

What are the login and password details for Elive 3.0 Stable? Anyone?

Not sure to get it.

When we install, we choose the user and password.

Suppose you mean in Live Mode when booting from the USB stick ?

@Thanatermesis comments ?

I don’t know which login / password he means

@vijay1700 can you specify?

I am getting after booting from the USB drive on which I burnt Elive Linux OS v3.0 Stable Hybrid ISO using Universal USB Installer, a USB bootable drive maker like YUMI. When I selected the first option "Live and Install — Kernel 3.16.0 (pae). ", it is asking like Elive-“some number” login: . On the first attempt to boot from USB that “some number” was from “3” series of 5 digits like "Elive-31xxx login: " (Here, we should enter some default user ID and in the next step, it will ask for password) and on the second attempt, it changed to "Elive-59408 login: " If I enter some user IDs like live/admin/LIVE/Debian User Live, on the next step, it asks for password and nothing seems to work!

That’s weird, never happened to me after several installations/upgrades… Maybe a broken iso/live usb creation?
Try downloading the iso again and using an other bootable USB creator like Rufus (on windows) or just dd (in Linux), and also moving to a different drive may solve the trick

The problem should be the tools used to record the USB that could cause this problem, please only use the ones described in the website

https://www.elivecd.org/ufaqs/tools-to-record-elive-linux-in-an-usb-drive/

1 Like

vmware installation leads to the same problem here

Download the last version 3.0.3 and use only the suggested tools to record the USB, or using the hybrid ISO image for virtual machines

1 Like

Hello, i'm new here. I have issues with he passwords, so i can't login, i've tried reinstalling the OS, three times, with differents nicknames and paswords, very simple, lower case and without symbols, still i cant login. Thanks

A very short and fast HowTo to set a new Password through the grub boot window.

On start in the initial grub window hit e (for edit) and:
on kernel line remove "quiet splash" and add "init=/bin/bash"

after subsequent system boot:

mount -o remount,rw /
mount -o remount,rw /proc

on Debian for admin/privileged USERNAME
passwd USERNAME
Give new password when asked,

and then:
sync

and "reboot"

1 Like

Hi @Florencia_Arias , the new installer included some fixes for usernames and passwords, to better special characters, but this is only available on the new beta versions...

I was wondering if could be a good idea to do a massive update with fixes of the stable version :thinking:, which is a delicated thing since it can introduce new unknown bugs

In any case, a simple solution is to use a different password, more exactly: if you used non-utf8 characters (like ñéíó, etc) try to use normal-english ones, if you used special characters like '/|$!, show me there which ones you used to see if they can conflict in some way

By other side, answering the original thread to @laj and @vijay1700 , the password by default in elive is simply "elive" (in Live mode, for the installed mode is the user who defines it)

Question: This thread needs to be moved to the correct category like #system:live or #system:installed but we were talking about the Live or the installed system? @laj @vijay1700 :slight_smile: