3.7.1 betatesting experiences

DO you mean install Gnome to replace E16 ?? LOL
Or to use Gnome " screen manager " but keep e16( that I love) ?

yeah, me too :slight_smile: , have you already tried to play with e22? it has a similar look

really? mmh i see sometimes it not finding my desired app (so i need to open a terminal to run it), the one in e17 is more smart / powerful (better search algorithm too)

hum, i remember in the past (more than 10 years ago), e16 can be used with gnome, to be the window manager e16 over gnome (instead of metacity + gnome). Actually i don't know / remember much about how it can be used in a similar way :thinking:

1 Like

As everything is question of perception
" all my keybinding are all working well"
I messed up the config file and that is why I had problem

So you can edit the bindings.cfg file AND SAVE.
And CTRL + ALT + END the change is immediate
Yoda

That does not guarantee the inclusion of wacom or other stylus based interfaces. Prolly need to check more interfaces there, some of which might even need extra configuration, like in current E22 where it is off on first login but sets itself right when restarting E.
On Elive3.0 I autostart Florence after login but that will not release the mouse, touchpad pointer .... only the wacom stylus is allowed to move away. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just simply adding it to the menu might just be a surer way of avoiding unforeseen problems.

@Thanatermesis
It is " so usefull" for me that in the terminal we can type few letters of a previous command and UP arrow to retrieve it !

Previously with other terminal /distro I had to :
sudo !!
or
CTRL + R type letter and try to find my previous commands or line of command

but with Elive, I type any letter or part of command I remember, that could be in the middle of the command line, UP arrow and I can retried very fast previous commands from the history easily... I save a lot of time with that tweak

Yoda

I have the same experience there but also get the feeling it might be hiding somewhere in the menu. :madness:
Or try ALT + ESC and start typing thunar ..... no filemanager for me, only its configurator. :thinking:

@Rebel450 I don't remember what was exactly your issue in the specific install "auto parted + ext4 + no-encryption (= autoadded /home)", but since I did too many changes in the installer and tested (while fixing) all the combinations, it actually works good on my side

Can you try a same install mode as that one you had this problem with (no need to be your final install setup, just an install for test)? just to confirm that the issue is fixed and doesn't happens anymore with your setup :slight_smile:

Which installer/alpha do you want me to use
I guess 3.7.1 ...

( the issue was with 3.7.0)

done, "just added" for now :slight_smile:, I just played with it in my touch laptop, it works nice but also seems to be well featured and stable, nice one!

yeah, much more useful! and just check the tip "help" in your terminal to discover more amazing features :wink:

i use it a lot of time, 50% of the times you are just repeating the same commands lol, and the "gray previews" is a best reminder of "hey, you had this saved command available!" :boogie:

yeah, same here and for vbox6 :woman_shrugging:

nope, next one (3.7.2), for when i finish to fix all the remaining things :slight_smile:

OK, give me shout :wink:

I wholy agree. zsh really rocks :dance: , tho every now and then I do jump to bash for CTRL+r and look for (usually) a specific flag set, port or option I used a long time ago.

1 Like

L O L

what means 'Wrocking' btw?

1 Like

Working + Rockin' :sunglasses: :music:

2 Likes

Just watched the Facebook Video
:nod: :zipper_mouth_face:

Btw:
I was wondering (again)
If any of 'us' is any ... normal :eyepopping:

I'm normal, the 99% of the rest of the world is not

2 Likes

Another problem in automating the option could be, in the case of a wacom, that the stylus is out of range at startup and thus not immediately recognized for starting the keyboarf.
That could be solved by showing the kbd the moment the stylus gets near enough but would then need to be turned off again. We don't want a kbd popping up every time you intend to draw something. :madness:

On that drawing note: I have some scripts lying around to disable touch and/or touchpad when stylus is recognized.
A very handy feature to have if you draw a lot and have a tablet like the helix that supports both. :happy:

alas, cannot see. I don't have facebook on my phone. :shocked:
Nor google ...:happy:
I do have twitter as my last vice, for now.

@Thanatermesis

I am really doing a lot of work/personal things (lot of apps ) on my main Work PC and with Ubuntu or Manjaro, at some point, I could't last a week without having to restart... Some glitches were always showing up along the way

3.7.1 seems more stable for now...

When You release 3.7.2, I will (to test mutliple OS/Disk/Partitions install) :

• install if on my laptop with windows(my son) on one partition and the last partition for me Elive/3.71 reiser4

• on my desktop / Main Workstation using reiser4 (one SSD disk already there has with Manjaro).

I know you told be to may be stick to btrfs for my main Desktop but I'll take the chance

All my Data are on the cloud... The only thing that could cause problem would be if reiser4 was messing up my Data(corrupted the copy of the data locally and then was replicated to the cloud). But you said you have been using reiser for years ?

Yoda

and big corporations wants to switch to ubuntu* systems :woman_facepalming: , ok so maybe they don't want get rid of their problems, just get rid of paying $ :thinking:

sounds good :slight_smile: all my tests went successfull here, and of course they required lots of fixes/improvements, so that's good! all should work now

I will install in my windows laptop too, since will be now featured with a correct eFI bootloader compatibility (i needed to restore the monopolized windows boot in order to do correctly this next install)

I need to re-check all my lists of tasks to see if im missing things for 3.7.2 and probably will upload it for tomorrow :slight_smile: :boogie::boogie:

i have no facts to say btrfs is better, and maybe is bad! reiser4 is just not widely used, but as the dev reported me, there's no (old reported) bugs remaining to fix on the version we are using, on which I also backported recent improvement commits

so you need to have a better backup system than that, i strongly suggest to switch to unison, on which you have a full control of "what" is backuping and with "which" changes, also in a bidirectional way transfer

reiser3 :slight_smile: but now it turned to be unstable thanks to their lack of love by the kernel devs

1 Like