3.7.1 betatesting experiences

I am now in production with 3.7.1 on my desktop
Can do test for now / working
but :

• I had to unplug my manjaro drive to install and boot ELive 3.7.1
  • when bootting, at some point the screen is black, I hit ESC 2-3 times and the Desktop and welcome appear. If I was waiting " a lot longer" may be it would boot normally / reach the desktop but 2 -3 times I waited it didn't

My 2 screens works ( one VGA the other Display Port ). But I had to configure the 32 inc / DP one after booting with only one (the VGA one).

The Configuration tool often endup Off Screen, I have to manually move it so I can see the whole ARandR tool

Will update you later...
JF

runing btrfs

I cannot know more details about this issue without "installer reports" from an install with it plugged

going to test that now on vbox

update: able to reproduce the "horizontal line" problem, so no need more tests for that now :slight_smile: ill check it

1 Like

@yoda @triantares multiscreens fixed for "horizontal line stuck at start" (and any other future possible "stuck" from elive-multiscreens):

• apug
  • switch to a console or be out of the e16 desktop
  • elive-skel upgrade .e16 (from user and from home)
  • reboot
  • enjoy :slight_smile:

@yoda:

it is possible that was the same problem, check if the previous fix/update solves this one too

1 Like

I had to manually setup my time. Not a big thing

If I download a Debian package and click it in THunar, it shows in Thunar, I click to install it and Synaptic quit...

dpkg -i from the command line works

Yoda

on such case, the "gdebi" tool is run (to install the debian package), i assume that synaptic automatically closes in order to avoid "locks" between the packaging tools :thinking: (so this means, quitting synaptic on such case is a feature / correct-behaviour)

for me, this is not clear LOL
I open a terminal and lauch the command ?
Or
CTRL + ALT + F1 something and do it there and come back to my GUI with CTR + ALT + F7 ( or whatever key that bring me back there)

And reboot ?

first run "apug" to update your system, then you should exit from e16 in order to update the e16 conf with a new one, once you are out of e16 (in any way: for example exiting and login into a different desktop, OR by going to console with ctrl+alt+f1), then you can run from user the command "elive-skel upgrade .e16", then finally, reboot and all should be working :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry,
I don't remember where to change keys for handling windows ( resize or moving window while pressing super key(windows key)

Presently, for resizing window it's SUPER + middle button ( wheel for me) AND can resize
BUt I want to change mouse key to press LOL

YOda

E16 has a different way to manage this than e17, you have e16keyedit but i suggest you to edit directly the conf file instead, since e16keyedit doesn't support all the keys (like multimedia or mouse), it is located at:

~/.e16/bindings.cfg

For the rest of the (default) hotkeys, they should be all listed in the PDF hotkeys document (available from the elive menu)

ok tks. I will take a look JUst don't want to use the middle mouse wheel to resize

My main bug is the MutliScreen config messed up a bit

Left screen around 20 inc
Right 32

• opening some apps, show 50% above of the left screen
  • I don't see the apps / system tray icons on none of the screen

I can still work though
Yoda

If im not wrong, e16 manages resolutions in a different (simpler) way, while e17 configures each desktop with its own resolution, e16 uses the same resolution for both (if im not wrong), this means that the smaller screen will have the sizes of the bigger one "cut". The internal management of multiscreens is totally different between e16 and newer e's

This is not a big issue in fact, but you just need to not have elements on these "hidden" places (they are just not reachable on your visibility, but they exists and works)

So, just move your systray to a better place (another corner, another screen), same for the pagers and/or the minimizer. You can also destroy these elements and create a new one (see e16 confs)

screen1

i have done installing it but no luck... Only Ethernet can connect me.... 2nd thing i wasn't talking about only video player i know the fact of video players scale and resizing it was example for readers convenience with many more apps i'm encountering this issue have a look at the screenshots of Gimp & Flowblade window controls are off screen i only have a view of appmenu........

Yes you got me......only if it's possible......:wink:

Yes both screen can be at different resolution

As for moving the system tray, as I don't see it and don't know how to move it, I'll make some research and get back to you.. 1st make it visible, then try to move it

Smaller one on the left is 1920 X 1080
the 32 inch DP-1 one 2560 X 1440

BTW guys, SHIFT Print screen , even if not indication appear when doing it, allow to select an area of the screen and PASTE IT ( at the same time it is saved in the pictures folder)

Print screen take a pict of the 1 or 2 screens you have

Yoda

positioning my 2 screen like this fixed the problem

I now see the little icons at the top left of the left screen

Yoda

are you sure you are install the version from sid/unstable? :thinking: i ask that because in your screenshot it says "same version" but is not same version, is newer

Well, you can move them inside or resizing (ctrl + alt + mouse dragging), E17 of Elive includes own features that pushes the windows to be kept inside the screen (so this is not the case for E22 too, unless they did a similar feature). The good thing of e16 is that you can move between your virtual desktops like it was a gigantic screen (so the parts that are out-of-screen from an application, you can reach them in the other virtual desktop of that side), this feature is extremely good for very-small screens where no-matter-what the application doesn't fits inside the resolution, becoming totally unusable for the user because cannot reach the buttons/elements, but you can do this if you use e16 :slight_smile: , just a fast combo to switch to the other virtual desktop and you have access to the other elements

But if you are talking only about "centered" (and not "bigger size than resolution"), then check your e16 settings, maybe there's a conf that needs to be improved in elive, for "open windows in X position" or something

yes, or since you can reach these elements, position them in another place / screen (ctrl + alt + left click drag)

done tks
like the with Epplets
Yoda
Tks for your help...Getting used to e16...

I smell like we could have a nice Howto-e16 with basic tips and important things to know :slight_smile:

after installing any deb pkg it says same version is already installed try reinstall. but trust me surely i've installed it.