3.7.11 alpha release

Could you point me to one of the 32bit downloads?

I've lost my downloads somewhere and I direly need to repair the Vbox machine I killed with "apug". :face_with_head_bandage:

32bit is here:

https://www.elivecd.org/donation/download-beta-3711-i386/

btw on the 64bit downloads there's also a 32bit download button too

suggestion: wait the uploaded version 3.7.13 with has multiple fixes ! :happy_dance:

Ayeee! I had to scroll down, :scream_cat:

The layout didn't actually invite me to do that ...... maybe something to keep an eye on.

Thanks anyway: :happy_dance:

@Rebel450 Im betatesting on your gifted hardware :slight_smile: , im curious about the strange vertical bars that appears on the screen, I think that I have see this in a screenshot in the forum some time ago, it was you or it was @maxinou maybe? :thinking: - Eeepc SeaShell

Trying to google for it doesn't seems to be very common, so I assume is not a driver issue but just a hardware glitch?

update: seems like to be a driver's issue because only appears when the graphical system is launched

I did some testing today with 3.7.13, the changes work fine. Only thing is that when connecting the charger turbobooster is activated so then it runs on 4600 MHZ. Most distro's let it run on 800 MHZ on battery and on charger, and then let de CPU scale up when necessary.

By default when AC is plugged, cpu is set to 100% (p_state cpu's configuration)

Is there any reason that it should not be this way? (maybe temperature?)

by other side if im not wrong, the configuration is set to be between 50% and 100% (at least in the recent settings), you can try the latest update, which, since the package version doesn't change you need to reinstall it manually:

apir laptop-mode-tools

I assume these new settings are the good ones now (auto brightness has been disabled too)

I think it is a fractal kept in the video memory from the former session.
On my HP Mini (similar model to @maxinou 's)
I can see during boot the last image from the last session for a very short moment, then it shows the vertical bars, then black screen, then it seems finally to refresh the video memory.
On the EeePC it happens with Debian driven OS,
with Ubuntu Xenial not.
:happy:

Btw:
For the pstate issue - it may be - that this effect is caused by a bios setting.
I had it on Aspire with i5;
I changed it ( if I remember right) from 'auto' to 'OS controlled' ...

yeah, i know what you mean, i know this "normal" issue in video cards :slight_smile: but i don't think it is the case, it looks like really related to a driver issue :thinking: , @maxinou ping? do you have those "magenta" colored vertical bars too?

I don't have a kernel 4.19 near to do a fast test of it (older alpha versions)

hum, let me check that...

nah, no settings related on bios, I will wait to know if maxinou has the issue too...

Sorry, there was a type error
I meant
pstate issue - not late....

Temperature is indeed an issue, most laptops get pretty hot when the cpu is fully utilized.

Sorry for delay @Thanatermesis, yes, in my HP I have always the magenta colored barcode in live mode and while installing, but in the installed system all is OK