3.7.2 betatesting experiences

I understood from the conversation above;
I meant

What do you want me to test (there was smthg you asked earlierer, but can't remember) -
or I do just continue with the translations...
?

40 SEC : After entering my email, 40 seconds of mutating frogs with unicorns ( that gives us how many babies, 40 sec of that process ? Joke, is it possoble to ask for the to connect the laptop to the internet before the "procreation with frogs/unicorns" to avoid the 40 sec ?

even if I was connected to the internet (replied yes when it 1st offered me to connect and I didn connect), and again mentioned I should be connected to the internet, I pressed OK an then in continue... Now choosing installation type / crossing my fingers )

Ok I will check these 40 seconds in a real machine in some minutes to see what does on my side

@yoda do you have many partitions in this machine?

I hope you are installing with the legacy-bios disabled :slight_smile: so UEFI mode

After choosing partition were already created, it showed me "one partition ", the non NTFS one
I clicked that one, choosed Reiser4 and now it 's telling me root need a boot partition of 250 MB and asking me for it, and it showed me my USB stick

sorry, im confused

yes, reiser4 requires to add a /boot partition

OK we'll pause, there supposed to be a WIndow there and there is not LOL
I made a copy of it with clonezilla, I suspect ELive doesn't see it or 1st attempt got rid of it LOL I will try to boot window to see if it's still there

@Thanatermesis

https://forum.elivelinux.org/t/3-7-1-betatesting-experiences/1117/343?u=rebel450

does it appears with this command?

sudo partitions-list --show-all

@Rebel450 to test your ext4 + encrypted installation which failed you in 3.7.0, just to confirm that it works... but wait, we are looking if 3.7.2 is usable or not first :slight_smile:

It's not there anymore.
I may have made a mistake.
Will restore it with clonezilla and try reinstalling again to see what I did wrong or the installer did wrong... not sure yet who is guilty (probably more me)... still 8:25 am here

in 5 minutes my Dell SSD Laptop image will be restored (win 7) I will start over again the installation paying attention to every details, what I choosed and so on...

are we talking 'bout
32bit
or
64bit

I ask so stupid because

that was official 32bit installer (or not ?) :thinking:

So, I wait for for instructions..... :runaway:

next next next :wink:

all the uploaded versions of 3.7.x has been entirely 64bit

so I need to shrink the window partition with gparted, and create a little partition in front of it ? ( I do want to Dual Boot WIN / ELive (reiser4)
And what size and type do you want it ? installer says 250 MB... I supposed I just need to create it, not format it ?

cool windows's booting now. took 5 minute to restore it ( TKs to clonezilla)

Waiting for your installation about the partition at the beginning of the disk ( size, type, etc)

you don't need a BIOS partition if you boot in EFI (and you should boot in EFI, so disable all legacy options in bios)

you only need a /boot partition to use reiser4, but you don't need to shrink the windows partition, just remove the partition for reiser4, then create a 250mb one and the rest for reiser4

nothing is required to be "at the beginning of the disk" actually, you can put the partitions in any place :slight_smile:

ok no audio problems shows up in laptop, I assume is my vbox for now...

I don't know which "beep" you are talking about @yoda, i dont ear them... well, i ear the e16 sounds theme playing so I assume you mean these beeps? :thinking:

btw the audio volumes has been reduced on this version to default to use the 50% of the volume, to not start the live mode with high volumes punching the speakers :slight_smile:

yes, but it doesn't matter since the installer will already format it later

• I choosed reiser4 and later
  • asked me for a SWAP partition and I clicked Cancel
  • then it asked me for boot, I choosed the 250 MB partion
  • then is asked there to install elive EFI Partition and could not see it

May be it's because windows installation is not clean.. (can't boot it without me having to choose wich partition to boot from BiosBootimeOption

Will reinstall WIn 7, UEFI and make sure it's booting correctly...

Will may be try to fix the EFI Partition thing with EasyBCD ?

So, I wait for for instructions..... :runaway:

will be back in around 3 hours or so, but then !

wait for for instructions..... :runaway:

1 Like