3.7.2 betatesting experiences

Oh, this is BECAUSE you don't have it as im seeing in your screenshot :thinking:

so in fact, windows only creates it if windows booted (was installed) in UEFI mode

so... mmh, no problem, just add an EFI partition yourself, similar to the /boot one
i assume the installer already tells you to add this EFI partition and asks you to select it, i mean, everything correctly explained? in your case, you cannot select it because you don't have it, so you must add it from your parter tool first :thinking:

not sure if this is needed, elive will create a boot menu including windows, but what i dont know is if windows (by not having being installed in UEFI mode) can boot later in UEFI mode :thinking:

so let's try first this option (just install elive and see if windows can boot)

yes

1 Like

must it be before the ntfs reserved partition or not important ?

not important, it only requires to be before the first 2TB of the disk space :slight_smile: lol

1 Like

Ok, let me think about this issue... :thinking:

So, notes:

• hard disks can be (newly) formated using MSDOS mode or GPT mode:
    • MSDOS: old way, it only supports 4 partitions (or you can create an extended partition and create on it many logical ones)
    • GPT: it supports more partitions without the need of an extended partition
  • you have your windows installed in legacy (no-uefi) mode
    • and im not sure if a disk in MSDOS mode accepts EFI (i dont have a specific reason to think that wont')

so... try to create the partitions for Elive from creating an extended partition first (then logical ones inside it)

@yoda im on IRC chat if you want, it can be faster to talk about the installer (but we cannot share screenshots from it)

1 Like

Hey
what is the Server Name for Elive irc
am Outdoor with mobile....

irc.freenode.net , elive , or use the chat link in the top of the forum icons (chat over web)

ok closing the terminal in CHROOT fixed it tks !

Hello!

First report for 3.7.2 E22 on the eeepc 1001xp: runs well, wifi ok, fn light screen ok fn sound don't works (tested with Vlc & Rage), Wacom ok...
Thunar, Gimp, Chromium ok

Conky near start: ram 477/1.92Gb, with Chromium, 7 tabs, one playing video, ram 1.15Gb used processor usage elightenment 42.21%, Xorg 14.39%, Chromium 13%...

...for now...

Salutations!

1 Like

sounds good! :slight_smile:

mmh, does the sound works in E16 ? :thinking:

Rebooting for E16...

No more fn sound key efficiency with E16!

Quite same conditions, Conky tells: Chromium 1 video running 7 tabs, ram 1.07/1.94Gb, Chromium cpu near 30%, 14%, pulsaudio 5.12%.....

To be clear: sound works, but fn keys for it, no.....

Questions: @Thanatermesis

1-Should we have a new thread: 3.72 beta testing experiences? Since it is now out there for testing as of today
2-I want to test E22 but there is no installer for that one, what happened to it? It is missing, I cant find it on this beta.

For now, do you hav a manual command line installer I can install with? Usually a backdoor when GUI is missing

No prob' for E22 here:

& yes a 3.7.2 thread should be!

On Debian & Ubuntu I would just use Ubiquity but I don't think enlightenment is setup with that installer

it is not on the bar for E22 at least for the beta 3.7.2 I downloaded and use the recommender USB installer tool and checked out 100 percent ok confirmed.

Nevermind @Thanatermesis @Franc

I found it....its in ->other folder option

I recommend that you make a link to it from the bar just as you have for E16 so make the same for all 3 versions... Consistency :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi!

During the boot, you have some dos-alike windows: on of them give the choice betwin E16, E17 or E22...

Salutations!

so sound is not working on e22? well, makes sense since e22 doens't include elive features :slight_smile: (like auto configuring audio card at startup)

Yes but i think that will be better to just move to 3.7.3 (today), 3.7.2 has a few things that i needed to fix

you can use / try it in the live mode, but is not customized (and so, maybe the installer doesn't shows up in the menus) - you should use e16 for install first

and later, run "api enlightenment" to install e22 in your installed system

yes :slight_smile:

sudo -E eliveinstaller-wrapper

yeah but e22 will require TOO many work, this is just one thing between :work:

instead, elive will start to make its own E (last, newer than e22) with own EFL packages too, when will work on that

oops I didn't noticed it was not there...
I so much got used to e16 in the last few days that I didn't paid attention to E22

But looking forward using it one day as with 2 monitors, I think e22 is handling it better... THough I am ok with my 2 monitor on e16.

@Thanatermesis is presenting doing some fixed on 3.7.2