3.7.6 betatesting experiences

elive-screenshot is the configured tool in elive, which has some hotkeys (check the hotkeys pdf), which is much more handy than a gui tool :slight_smile:

i dont know about that tool, but your system reports that you are not using it

yes, boot in privative drivers and the guided tool in console will ask you for install the privative drivers, read all the guided dialogs and see which versions works for you

(ha ha - this can only say a keyboard junkey :wink: )

Sorry, but I doubt hard....

yo doubt? ok, let me show you an example :slight_smile:

• press impr key (anything faster than that?)
    • you have the screenshot saved in the screenshots directory, in the best quality / size and the time included on the filename
    • at the same time you can simply press "ctrl + v" in the forum or any place to paste the screenshot

i repeat: everything was made from a single keyboard click, and you have all this done

you want more power? use shift or alt + the Impr key, to screenshot a region of your screen instead of the entire screen, want to record a video? same thing... (check the hotkeys pdf to know which key is)

:boom: :hot: :boom:

other / normal users will do:

• search for the GUI app (includes multiple clicks and search time)
  • run it
    • eat a few resources for free
  • click in buttons (how many? more time needed)
  • you have a screenshot.. ok now... ?
  • click in the button to save it
  • select a folder to save it
  • double click on it
  • now enter the filename
  • check the date if you want to include it
  • write it
  • click save button
  • open file manager
  • search for the screenshot
  • open it with something to "copy it"
    • eventually just drag-drop it in the forum or app
  • :neutral_face::gun:

im a keyboard junkie ? --> "yes, thank you" :applause:
:rofl2:

1 Like

Got it!

Exept that on the M6700, sift & alt option doesn't works!
But Fn+PrtSc is noted, with previous "Loose"+Z eventualy! :wink:

Salutations!

i dont remember :slight_smile: but check your .e16/bindings.cfg file to have more details to "what" exactly is set (e16 hotkeys should match the hotkeys pdf in a 95%)

I think it is the handiest screenshooter I've ever had. It could be made into a GUI but would then become clunky.
With a running "guake" terminal I do "elive-screenshot -ds", hit F12 to close it and wait the 5 seconds (or open a menu or whatever, no other app does that right). :nod:

Do "elive-screenshot --help" for the options.
And the next time you start typing that command, zsh will autocomplete ...avoiding typos. :smile:

Sorry for being late with answering to this,
but I needed my tomatoes with Mozarella first,
ok here we go, watch out folks :

Now all of you can learn something from Daddy Rebel:

mhm, may be not more power here,
I like selected screen areas, easy:

Note:
I use different tools for different purposes,
like in real life -
you should not use a hammer for drilling a screw, no?

:mwahaha: :surprise: :nod:

:thinking:

try to press "Shift + Impr"

then ctrl + v in the forum

no need to run a screenshoter tool or to drag the image :applause:

what in the hell is
Impr

and no
I dont want to capture my whole screen

That would be "PrtScr" in English ..... No idea in Deutsch.

Use the option -w for just the selected window or -r for range.

Frankly your video merely shows how ineffective mouse movements actually are. Have you actually objectively watched what you are doing there, thanks to gkrellm being up and running?

did you?
I have 100% control, dont need to remember any stpd shortcuts and can make a picture book in 10 minutes...

and now comes you keyboard freaks with the abnormal absence of visual feeling ...

thanks to me ,
bringing gkrellm up and running

my computer
my software
my data
thanks to nothing and none, period.

lol :rofl:

but the "Impr" key is a commonly known key to capture the screen, this is more visual than an icon representing the capture screen (just like "Enter" is visual for what it does, and "Space" is too)

but seriously, try:

• shift + Impr
  • ctrl + v in the forum

and ALSO, this is visual (check your notification messages when doing it, its more understandable than an image)

=

• shift + PRintSCreen
  • ctrl + v (paste) anywhere

isn't any shorter - and - it is an old win command,
I deny to use win at all, enough when I have to deal on work with this moron stuff.

As coming since 1986 from Macintosh until today -
no one can teach me to doing things without a GUI;
except when it comes to servers.
I have been working with real unix cracks, keyboard junkeys, the called us (Mac admins) "icon-clicking rodent-pushers" - but we learned from each others.
There are things that has to be done with a Mac better,
other things with another OS.
For people like @triantares obviously has the powerful
technique of Drag&Drop never happen.
But beauty is not for everyone, sad.

shift&prtscr ah no - not for me
I have to see what I select in advance
and it aint any more quicker nor better, alone the haptic with pressing these spastic key-combination reminds me
on something sick.

Ok fine, then don't learn from Daddy Rebel,
and continue with being a slave of your keyboard and norton commander then.
Ignorants :slight_smile: LOLLL

Can't find these keys
Pls someone can help me
Probably @triantares ? Anyone, @Thanatermesis?

Pleaaase

well, there's a better way (hotkeys) to do it (but not better for everybody), but if you preffer a gui you can have a gui for the same thing :slight_smile:

not slave, i would say more free & powerful lol, but again, that's a difference choice / tastes topic

ok, mac doesn't have 'Impr' key :man_shrugging:

on such case you should re-assing this (or any other key that you don't have) to a different one that you have

for example, there's a few combos for the numpad too (increase volume, change song, etc), but 95% of the laptops doesn't has a numpad

thank you for taking your time to answer to this (meanwhile useless) (off-)topic;
imagine -
a GUI guy par excellence, and now keeping in mind more stpd key bindings
also then for the different levels of keyboard bindings for applications ......

ah - let me think about it for a moment.......
well, ahm ..... No.

@Rebel450
Cut, copy, paste, and other common shortcuts. These are from those who use Apple / Mac computers...like me :slightly_smiling_face:

• Command-X : Cut the selected item and copy it to the Clipboard.
  • Command-C : Copy the selected item to the Clipboard. This also works for files in the Finder.
  • Command-V : Paste the contents of the Clipboard into the current document or app. This also works for files in the Finder.
  • Command-Z : Undo the previous command. You can then press Shift-Command-Z to Redo, reversing the undo command. In some apps, you can undo and redo multiple commands.
  • Command-A : Select All items.
  • Command-F : Find items in a document or open a Find window.
  • Command-G : Find Again: Find the next occurrence of the item previously found. To find the previous occurrence, press Shift-Command-G.
  • Command-H : Hide the windows of the front app. To view the front app but hide all other apps, press Option-Command-H.
  • Command-M : Minimize the front window to the Dock. To minimize all windows of the front app, press Option-Command-M.
  • Command-O: Open the selected item, or open a dialog to select a file to open.
  • Command-P : Print the current document.
  • Command-S : Save the current document.
  • Command-T : Open a new tab.
  • Command-W : Close the front window. To close all windows of the app, press Option-Command-W.
1 Like

I have to work in the windows environment for a living but I like all my main computers for Apple / Mac and like to test with Linux for everything else.