3.7.7 (32bits) betatesting experiences

Please guys, don't panic, reiser4 works very well in my Elive 64 from first day and all my data are in a separate partition and sync with Unison between 2 laptops and an USB HDD.
The only issue I wanted to signal that was the upgrade from 32 kernel as doesn't see the reiser4 partition doesn't allow to start system with.
Tomorrow I'll started a live Elive 64 USB flash drive and I'll reinstall grub from there or even reinstall Elive 64.
I have no major issues with, but is good to be prevented on this possible issue upgrading a dual ext4 and reiser4 partition systems that maybe nobody had thinked about.

1 Like

Nope, the reiser was on sda8 there, so it's from there the update-grub has to be run.
If all goes well then Grub (from 3.7.6) will put itself as default and recognize the other 2 as options.

Mhm, shit you are right

• since there is an extended partition scheme
    :relaxed:

Ya, sure -
but from where is the question herein.
Very interesting, btw.

Follow @triantares, after my very famous fast thinking
I came to the conclusion....
ahm hold on, must think again :cloud:
... that he is right here (again, damn !#@$¡)

Be sure to read up how to chroot into your remounted root file system with rw options. Otherwise all files will be non-editable. Use Elives mounts-manager for that,

There was a good write up on how to run a virtualized system through chroot on the forum.

YAGS
Yet Another Goody to Show.:hug:

2 Likes

LOL
.:smiley14:

not really, this post is too old @maxinou to know it, try to apug and see if still happens

well, if your system has not reiser4 support @maxinou that's the reason of why is not detected, make sure that the module is loaded too, you may consider switch out of reiser4 :thinking:

as @triantares comments, i think that one of the recent versions had the kernel signed (which doesn't support reiser4), also, the 32bit version doesn't has reiser4 too

yes you can, if:

• the version of elive (the kernel) has reiser4 support
  • you don't use secure boot
  • you don't upgrade to a version of elive which doesn't has reiser4 support
  • you don't install another OS in another partition (which doesnt has reiser4 support) and you want to use their bootloader

note: (again), the 32bit version doesn't has reiser4 suppport included

Don't worry, the "issue" is that 32 bit kernel doesn't support reiser4 fs so for it those partition is unreadable.

As I upgrade all laptops to 3.7.8 I installed in last position 3.7.8-64 so Grub reads all file systems.