3.7.9 alpha release

Funny story here:

One of my "recent, good quality USB's" (sandisk ultra) started to fail, showing errors in the filesystem etc... common media error's

I almost trashed it, today I found them again

Then I noticed something: it only happens on one of my computers!

On which is really a hardware issue related to that laptop, errors appears even before unpacking the kernel (just after the boot menu), it happens on every USB port, and in a curious sense, I installed 3.7.4 on that computer (from the same usb) some time ago... why it fails now? are the USB ports broken? has the quality of that usb changed and so it fails now? I don't have idea... but is good to have see that before to trash the USB :stuck_out_tongue:

I have noticed that some USB3 devices are very finicky about the voltage they get.
It may be that some laptop ports don't deliver enough power when on battery. :thinking:

this is strange because a small USB flash should require much less power than a mechanical external HD

by other side "voltage level" may be... which is different than the power (amount of enegery) :thinking:

If the port cannot deliver sufficient power then the voltage will be affected. W=VxA