3.8.19 betatesting

The version 3.8.19 includes many fixes and small improvements, but especially:

• fonts are automatically sized for any kind of screens correctly, not looking too big or small
  • persitence many fixes

feedbacks welcome!

mentions: @Rebel450 @triantares @TheTechRobo @yoda @martinwprior

2 Likes

Hi,
I test on 32 bit,
Begins rigth first time and ask for a password,
I create persistence,
I shutdown computer,
I poweron computer with persistence,
When ask for password show me:

I retest with "Y" and do not progress with pasword.
.................. shutdown.
I Power On with Elive Stable and go with Thunar to the encrypted in usb.
I test to mount the unit and after put password show me::

:eyepopping:
I do not know how to continue....... Help. :confusing:

Yas, I check the md5,,,it is ok

Stable is very old and definitely wont have the right LUKS version.
So actually that message is exactly right. :nod:

Will try on a large display, in a VM, will get back to you :wink:
Yoda

I tried the new installer ( didn't installed Elive for a long time LOL)
Everything went smoothly, I see that you modernized the options ( zoom, etc).

The display is perfect ( fonts size etc).

Good job @Thanatermesis

Yoda

1 Like

On my X1 Thinkpad with 2560x1440 display res, they look a tad too large but maybe I'm too used to the small fonts I had. :thinking:
At least the menus were readable and usable with touch but still felt like I downsized to 1024x960.

After setting persistence and on 2nd boot the font sizes are back to the small size I'm used to on my installed version ....... something I also noticed when installing on an older x260 (with a much lower res) so I think there is still a lot of work needed, on the fonts there.

All in all no certainty dynamic fonts are going to look good in all situations after a while i.e not sure even, if this is progress or decline. :eyepopping:

1 Like

What can I do with persistence decrypt?
Need ideas.
Thanks

Considering that was your first time and thus taking there aren't any important files in there yet: Just do a fresh write to the flash-disk (do md5sum check) and start over.

Hello!

On Asus EeePC 1015PN, 3.8.19 x64:
Tryed with persistence: Elive says that there's not enough place on the key (16Gb) and nothing more...
Still some problems with Cairo "eating" sometimes a part of window (Dealed with Ctrl+Alt+LMouse, yes, but...);
Fn sound & wifi keys aren't more effective than previously...

Nice new mouse pointer design..!

Salutations!

That's a problem with all the panels/docks excepting "tint2". :no_entry:

Hi,

Back to the forum and testing both 32 and 64 bit flavours in my crappy laptops the first thing I constate is that 3.8.19 is much faster than 3.8.18 in low ressources computers (2 GB RAM in both laptops)

LibreOffice starts in a few seconds only!!!!

1 Like

Welcome back, we missed your input. :nod:

1 Like

Hi!

An other thing, with eeepc 1015pn (nouveau nvidia), after hibernate, Cairo & Conky disappeared, and backgrounds back to presets...

Ih!

Hello everyone, i recently reinstalled Elive to the latest version (32 bit coz eeeeh). I installed it over Q4OS (Debian buster based) using the new installer feature that allows me to not lose all my data.
I only got one bug, conky does not have trasparency. How to solve it?

I don't use conky but somewhere in ~/.conkyrc maybe?
Something like "own_window_transparent yes"

1 Like

It's already enabled like that!

What happens if you rename conkyrc and logout and back in i.e restart conky from commandline with -DD flag (debug).
You can also stop conky with Cltr, Alt and right-click ... and choose "annihilate"

My output"

conky -DD                                                                                                                      1
DEBUG(0) [/build/conky-8Wk2oK/conky-1.10.8/src/conky.cc:2740]: reading contents from config file '/home/triantares/.conkyrc'
conky: Syntax error (/home/triantares/.conkyrc:1: '=' expected near 'yes') while reading config file. 
conky: Assuming it's in old syntax and attempting conversion.
DEBUG(0) [/build/conky-8Wk2oK/conky-1.10.8/src/x11.cc:494]: Fixed xinerama area to: 0 0 2560 1440
DEBUG(0) [/build/conky-8Wk2oK/conky-1.10.8/src/x11.cc:494]: Fixed xinerama area to: 0 0 2560 1440
conky: desktop window (40000d) is subwindow of root window (184)
DEBUG(0) [/build/conky-8Wk2oK/conky-1.10.8/src/x11.cc:631]: Found ARGB Visual
conky: window type - desktop
conky: drawing to created window (0x4a00002)
conky: drawing to double buffer
DEBUG(1) [/build/conky-8Wk2oK/conky-1.10.8/src/core.cc:1996]: no templates to replace
DEBUG(0) [/build/conky-8Wk2oK/conky-1.10.8/src/linux.cc:1265]: parsed hwmon args: '0' 'temp' 1 1.000000 0.000000

DEBUG(1) [/build/conky-8Wk2oK/conky-1.10.8/src/core.cc:602]: Adding $cpugraph for CPU 0
conky: forked to background, pid is 30794
1 Like

I get that bug on and off - restarting conky usually fixes it. :face_with_head_bandage:

I forgot to mention ... and is something to always keep in mind after up/crossgrading an existing install:

Configurations in your $HOME may get hay-wired due to conflicting configs.

Always, as a comparison, create a totally new user and see if, what's bugging you also shows up there.

Generally a solution might just be a case of copying over a config file from the one to the other. :nod:

1 Like